• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Because Science Thread (Now With Aliens!)

Sorry I read that as sarcasm lol.
Ha!

There you go....no, I genuinely believe he is not my type of person, not someone I'd want to talk politics with or hang out with (unless it was in in a rocketship).
I do think his genius and his insanity are tied together.

I also think for all the talk it was Musk who got the EV thing really moving, I am 100% sure the Big Guys were going to stay out of moving off as gas as long as they could, and he pushed them.
He's pushed the field in electric batteries, and obviously he moved us forward in the Space Race.

He's also an idiot and he has a large platform.

Glad Science is helping here but to me motorcycles should be illegal.

I'm sitting in an enclosed car and by law need to buckle up or else...and here is this guy flying by my car with little to no protection and ready to go In a bump and potentially kill himself.

Doesn't make sense to have those two existt at the same time. Seatbelts are needed for safety. Motorcycles should not be allowed for the same reason.

I'm sitting in an enclosed car and by law need to buckle up or else...and here is this guy flying by my car with little to no protection and ready to go In a bump and potentially kill himself.

Doesn't make sense to have those two existt at the same time. Seatbelts are needed for safety. Motorcycles should not be allowed for the same reason.
motorcycles exist to help cull the herd?

You're a square

Just pointing out the inconsistency of the law.

There's not really an inconsistency. Bikes & cars each have their own unique safety equipment you have to wear in one of them, but not the other. For cars it's seatbelts, for motorcycles it's helmets.

So that brings you to just the argument that bikes are inherently more dangerous to operate than cars. But plenty of really awesome recreational activities are very dangerous to your physical well-being, so that's not really a good argument for banning them, unless you want to go down a very slippery slope into a very boring society to live in.

Back