• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Because Science Thread (Now With Aliens!)

I'm pretty sure black holes are the real universe.

Yeah, that’s similar to a thought I’ve kicked around. That inside each black hole is a completely separate universe with its own unique set of physical laws.

Which would then raise the possibility that our own unimaginably vast universe is just inside of one black hole in some other universe.

Yeah, that’s similar to a thought I’ve kicked around. That inside each black hole is a completely separate universe with its own unique set of physical laws.

Which would then raise the possibility that our own unimaginably vast universe is just inside of one black hole in some other universe.

II kind of like the idea of our and other temporary universes as just explosions out from he real universe (which is the same space/timeless thing we see through every black hole).

like our universe is just the lava bursting out of a volcano, and the black hole is the the crater at the top as seen from above, containing all the real universe underneath.

“Scientists have found evidence that an underwater volcanic eruption in the South Pacific earlier this year, the biggest in decades, created pressure waves so strong they circled the planet multiple times and blasted through the Earth's atmosphere.”

That was one powerful eruption.

mVkZf1u.png

At 5:30 tonight, the first full image from the James Webb space telescope is going to be released by NASA.

You can watch it live on NASA TV.

They're also going to be posting the image at:

nasa.gov/webbfirstimages

...then the full set of full-colour images & data will be released at 10:30am tomorrow.

Back