• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

Volcanologist

my pizza game is getting better -- the other night I went pineapple/ham/jalapeno. yummy but I though of this.

ham(and/or bacon) pineapple and tomato is my favourite.

also like the mushroom/onion/green pepper/pepperoni combo. maybe throw some black olives on there.

but even a plain cheese pizza can be absolutely fantastic.

Jeremy

They are working on getting a constant supply and will be doing take home boils as well as cooking them on the back patio this summer.
I’ve never tried them. Saw a video on them having a boil in Louisiana. Would be cool to try them.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
my pizza game is getting better -- the other night I went pineapple/ham/jalapeno. yummy but I though of this.

There is no place in all of cuisine that pineapple isn't a welcome addition to pork. Pizza, tacos, whatever. As long as pork is involved, pineapple can be invited.

Now...pizza with pineapple, but without pork? That can **** off.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
that's all I need most of the time....and always the first pizza I order when I'm checking out a new buzzy pizzeria joint

If they can't do that well, everything else they're doing is just to cover up their lack of having the basics done right. Dough, sauce, cheese.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
There is no place in all of cuisine that pineapple isn't a welcome addition to pork. Pizza, tacos, whatever. As long as pork is involved, pineapple can be invited.

Now...pizza with pineapple, but without pork? That can **** off.

making carnitas tonight .....sometimes I grill a little pineapple as a topping....but none left

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
making carnitas tonight .....sometimes I grill a little pineapple as a topping....but none left

I just replenished my dried chile supply today so that I could do an adobo for al pastor. It's that time of the year again. Pineapple is a must for al pastor.

Reactions: CH1

LeafOfFaith

There was a pizza place just a short distance from U of T when I was there called Massimo's.

This place was off the charts. I had to have it late one Saturday night with a buddy, there was no meter around, so I parked in a private lot across the street, which was right in front of us as we sat outside, and we were so distracted by scarfing down the pizza that neither of us noticed them towing my car away while we ate.

These days, because my priority is not adding pounds, and not giving in to my cravings, I rarely ever eat pizza. Damn do I miss it.

lecoqsportif

Decidedly an eyetie long weekend. Bolognese... fairly old school prep.

I think we’re gonna eat veggie for a week to make up for this carnage.

lecoqsportif

that's all I need most of the time....and always the first pizza I order when I'm checking out a new buzzy pizzeria joint

Good call. Margherita is the benchmark test. The Ur of pizza.

My favourite is sautéed eggplant and anchovies. Mega Sicilian.