• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
The end result from the poster . Looks to have turned out with more of a meatloaf texture than a traditional kebab on a rotisserie but I suspect if sliced thin and fried up after with some water/oil it would be decent

View attachment 9446

However long he mixed for, double or triple it. Also, whatever meat he used, pick something fattier. That smooth texture in a donair is from 15-20% fat content and basically mixing it until it's emulsified with the meat until the whole thing is homogenous, and sticky AF.

His crumbly looking texture is from under mixing and/or not enough fat.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Try them. If you are able to post in 12 hrs, the answer is YES.

If not, RIP.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Honestly, I don’t think they are. seem too dark to me but more importantly they don’t seem to have that accordion cluster shape (but both those things may be a result of camera angle and exposure)

Artnes

Splurged on a tomahawk steak today

Kritter

Going to toss a couple of sirloin tip roasts on the smoker tomorrow..
have read so many ways to do this… 375 fast roast (why?)
ok course I’m going with the low and slow approach…
someone was telling me they do theirs to about 120-125..cool it, then cut inch slabs and finish them on the grill to your desired doneness. Interesting…

Artnes

45 mins at 225 until it reaches 120 then 10 mins a side at 450 until it hits 130. Rest for 5 mins