• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

Two of my favourites were Saffron Spice and Paratha Point. Keep in mind I was typically filtering by veggie menus and delivery services available.
Saffron Spice and King Tandoori both have lots of meat on their menu. Saffron Spice I highly recommend the kothu rotis - from what I understand a type of Indian streetfood, fried veggies, meat, and roti pieces. Really dense, hearty, and delicious

Last edited:
Reactions: CH1
Saffron Spice and King Tandoori both have lots of meat on their menu. Saffron Spice I highly recommend the kothu rotis - from what I understand a type of Indian streetfood, fried veggies, meat, and roti pieces. Really dense, heart, and delicious

Saffron Spice has an outpost (for takeout) on Queen West (near Spadina). Tasty stuff.

After I mentioned eating Indian you made a crack about unbillable hours on the toilet. Then you made cracks about body odour and/or flatulence.
It was all about the body odor. I can’t remember the context of the toilet joke exactly now, but that’s not my issue with spicy foods, don’t have that problem.

10 LBS of pork belly about to go in the smoker for 6 hours to be turned into bacon
View attachment 20560
how did you cure the bellies?

when I worked at a butcher shop back in the day we used to pack brine them. very laborious but also well worth it. I remember feeling fucking worked after rinsing/flipping the bellies during the week (want to say there were at least 6-8/week)

how did you cure the bellies?

when I worked at a butcher shop back in the day we used to pack brine them. very laborious but also well worth it. I remember feeling fucking worked after rinsing/flipping the bellies during the week (want to say there were at least 6-8/week)
I did 2 methods but both were dry.
1st time doing it as I've only had my new smoker for a couple weeks.

Curing salt/sugar/salt mix with a couple things on half of them

Brown sugar, curing salt, honey on the other one.

Had 2 5lb pieces but had to cut both as the vac seal bags were too small for the 5lb pieces

I did 2 methods but both were dry.
1st time doing it as I've only had my new smoker for a couple weeks.

Curing salt/sugar/salt mix with a couple things on half of them

Brown sugar, curing salt, honey on the other one.

Had 2 5lb pieces but had to cut both as the vac seal bags were too small for the 5lb pieces
Dry cure is the way to go! What kind of wood for the smoking?

Has anyone here used a pellet smoker on steak before? I have a tomahawk I've been wanting to do but it's a ton of meat.

I've read 2 hours at 225 and then sear it off works well.

Has anyone here used a pellet smoker on steak before? I have a tomahawk I've been wanting to do but it's a ton of meat.

I've read 2 hours at 225 and then sear it off works well.

Yeah, just treat it similar to doing any reverse sear. Probe in middle if you've got one, 2hrs should get your internal to 130-135 and then sear off.

With something tomahawk thick just watch your internal temp im the middle before you pull it.

anyone else make their own duck leg confit? probably the favourite thing of mine that I can make myself. roast whole ducks to collect enough fat for confit. likely due for another go soon

Back