• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

Rotisserie spit & motor, wood/charcoal pizza oven or pizza stone/steel as the budget option, side burner (preferably gas and not induction), vertical pellet smoker or heavy duty foil + wood chips as the budget option, some sort of a plancha/griddle top to put on half of your grill (pick the material based on what you're likely to use it for, cast iron will last forever but takes a while to get non stick, SS is less maintenance), grill basket for veggies, big ass lemonata dispenser, cedar planks for salmon, meat syringe for injecting marinades or brines, good probe thermometer with bluetooth.

Any recos on stainless steel griddle that I can slap on my BBQ?

Eventually I'm going to get one of them giant Blackstone griddles or something. The amount of times I'm cooking and wish I had one of those is ridiculous. Always want more room for activities.

Eventually I'm going to get one of them giant Blackstone griddles or something. The amount of times I'm cooking and wish I had one of those is ridiculous. Always want more room for activities.

Always...

the one I want is what that Sam The Cooking guy on youtube has

lol, nope. I have cast iron. Never used SS outside of a restaurant, just know that they exist and are a staple material for restaurant griddles.

Yeah. It seems cast iron is pretty easy to find but I prefer the lock of cold spots and the extra heat Steel provides.

For a griddle is it placed on top of the racks or in place of? Have a napolean with the wave pattern racks and not sure ill find one that fits well.

For a griddle is it placed on top of the racks or in place of? Have a napolean with the wave pattern racks and not sure ill find one that fits well.

you should be able to find one that goes on top...the sizes seem pretty standard if I recall

I've recently started messing around with chaffles and the best results I've gotten yet for the texture of an actual waffle is 50g of low moisture mozz, 40g almond flour, 1 egg, a couple splashes of 18% cream, salt, and a pinch of xanthum gum to help the cream thicken.

I intend of doing some tests with cutting the almond flour with some coconut flour, also playing around with adding psilium husk fibre, nutritional yeast, etc.
I tried using almond flour but they didn't hold together as well as without. Of course, there was a half pound slab of gf beef between 'em.

Yeah, without the almond flour it's basically a cheese omelette doing double duty as bread.

I haven't tried it as a burger bun sort of thing other than doing open face bennies of sorts with homemade breakfast sausage and poached egg and it held up well to that (even with the hollandaise). I do have some sirloin I was going to grind this week, maybe I'll try a burger and report back.

I was checking out this local guy's Insta because he delivers homemade bagels and pastrami...and I noticed he has an insta story about smoked brisket that spends 72 hours in sous vide.

His insta handle is Daniel Seidman and the Story is called SV Brisket.

My experiments have been trying to find the burger bun substitute. Cabbage, kale, chard, etc. I've been doing for a few years is getting old.

It was a 50/50 with the almond flour. It held okay on my burg but not the significant others'.

Back