• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The MFing High Times Thread

Are there any ideas that help with anxiety? My eldest is dealing with a fair bit and depression.
there is growing anecdotal evidence regarding the (positive) impact of CBD in treating anxiety...

don't think there is research to corroborate though.

there is growing anecdotal evidence regarding the (positive) impact of CBD in treating anxiety...

That's all you had to say. Is there any evidence that it isn't just the placebo effect working? Placebos can be very fucking powerful so I'm not knocking it or anything... I just haven't seen anything concrete.

That's all you had to say. Is there any evidence that it isn't just the placebo effect working? Placebos can be very fucking powerful so I'm not knocking it or anything... I just haven't seen anything concrete.
I mean I had it recommended to me by a nurse practitioner for that purpose. And those were her words.

Anecdotal due to lack of research, in fairness. I am not gonna do any research, just passing on what I've been told. Hopefully won't get sued for it...

yeah...CBD is a completely different animal. much lower risk move....

I figured that. I was hoping there was something that was uplifting as it’s getting bad
I have anxiety issues... Have tried CBD oil and I think it does help a little. I have read a lot about people who swear by it, it's anecdotal but worth experimenting with, for sure. (esp since the general consensus is that there are little to no side effects for most people).

Weed is interesting, can make anxiety worse for some but it also helps people relax, so results vary wildly from one person to another. I prefer sativa but as volcano said, if she wants to experiment, start with indica.

Above all this though, I would highly recommend meditation, especially with binaural beats. I can give you more details if you want, but I believe 100% that meditation is beneficial for anxiety, and really for almost everyone.

Weed is interesting, can make anxiety worse for some but it also helps people relax, so results vary wildly from one person to another. I prefer sativa but as volcano said, if she wants to experiment, start with indica.

the problem with the term 'anxiety' is that it's a catch all to describe quite an extreme range of mental moods

THC may help my mild anxiety, but I wouldn't take it if I was experiencing anything close to a full blown panic attack.

Absolutely, if it's really bad panic attacks, try meditation and cbd oil but stay away from weed and also schedule a doctors appointment to discuss options.

I mean we all know people who are legitimately relaxed by THC and others who are full blown anxious disasters. Indica, sativa, it doesn't matter. We all react to the shit differently.

I mean we all know people who are legitimately relaxed by THC and others who are full blown anxious disasters. Indica, sativa, it doesn't matter. We all react to the shit differently.

it's all anecdotal at this point, so mileages vary considerably

the bolded is really the salient point. except for zeke. his reactions are just wrong ;)

Back