• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The MFing High Times Thread

Shatter is different. You use some kind of torch for that I think.

This is basically all tri-chomes...like a powder, I don't believe there is a chemical process involved.
Yeah they got it too at trulieve and I'm trying to remember the bloody name. It's basically wax ground finely.

Shatter is different. You use some kind of torch for that I think.

This is basically all tri-chomes...like a powder, I don't believe there is a chemical process involved.

Yep. Keefe is basically just the THC crystals that come off the bud when you grind it, and ends up looking like a green sticky powder. Some grinders even have an extra compartment to catch it and let it accumulate.

Shatter on the other hand is refined THC that ends up looking like a glob of coloured glass.

Yes, I know what kief is, and I know what shatter is but I'm not sure how it's made or why and how it's different than the wax?

In regards to the kief I just never knew if it's basically "shaken" off the plants or did they need a process to do it? Do they just scoop it up afterwards lol?

I have at least 5 grinders, I like to keep my pots completely separate so instead of cleaning them I just bought more.
The ones that filter out the tri-chomes got me hooked into buying it here and there to spruce up cheap pot, or plants that just didn't work out.

...on the subject, if you grow your own pot you should look into making bubble hash.

The filter bags might cost 60 bucks, Idk...then it's ice and, either a shitty washing machine or labour...but you will get some nice stuff out of your shake.
If you are doing the four plants you are legally entitled to, the shake alone will net you a 1/2 ounce I bet, and once you bought the bags it's just ice...fucking ice...and you can make hash.

yeah and you get different grades based on trichrome size allowed through by each bag.

it's cool, but really probably only worth the effort for people with access to "grower" quantity of material

Yes, I know what kief is, and I know what shatter is but I'm not sure how it's made or why and how it's different than the wax?

In regards to the kief I just never knew if it's basically "shaken" off the plants or did they need a process to do it? Do they just scoop it up afterwards lol?

I have at least 5 grinders, I like to keep my pots completely separate so instead of cleaning them I just bought more.
The ones that filter out the tri-chomes got me hooked into buying it here and there to spruce up cheap pot, or plants that just didn't work out.
Wow, I thought I was the only one that did that. I also have specific pipes that go with each grinder. I like the strain properties pure so that I know exactly what to expect. Wife thinks is OCD, is there a strain for that?

thanks for the inside info....just sold my Curaleaf stock due to their poor hiring practices
They’re getting crushed here with high turnover I’m told. Also told the regional managers can’t even spell.

let’s just say this guy was frustrated that day and unloaded on a customer. Probably shouldn’t be doing that.

They’re getting crushed here with high turnover I’m told. Also told the regional managers can’t even spell.

let’s just say this guy was frustrated that day and unloaded on a customer. Probably shouldn’t be doing that.
They expanded really really really quickly in Florida recently. Trying to compete with Trulieve and whatnot and even predicted they'll overtake them in the coming years (good luck). Not surprised if it's a bit of a shitshow right now. Curaleaf doesn't know the definition of incremental expansion. It's all in or nothing for them. Quality is often sacrificed.

They expanded really really really quickly in Florida recently. Trying to compete with Trulieve and whatnot and even predicted they'll overtake them in the coming years (good luck). Not surprised if it's a bit of a shitshow right now. Curaleaf doesn't know the definition of incremental expansion. It's all in or nothing for them. Quality is often sacrificed.
If I was a younger guy without a degree or even one with I’d go work there. It really sounded like opportunity for advancement if you’re competent. Already told a few younger guys about it. Get to exec level quickly, they’re in dire need here.

If I was a younger guy without a degree or even one with I’d go work there. It really sounded like opportunity for advancement if you’re competent. Already told a few younger guys about it. Get to exec level quickly, they’re in dire need here.
Biggest cannabis company on the planet. No doubt an opportunity there!

You should apply, you’d be CEO in 3 years.

Wow, I thought I was the only one that did that. I also have specific pipes that go with each grinder. I like the strain properties pure so that I know exactly what to expect. Wife thinks is OCD, is there a strain for that?
No...you're OCD. So am I so I know it's true.

yeah and you get different grades based on trichrome size allowed through by each bag.

it's cool, but really probably only worth the effort for people with access to "grower" quantity of material
Yeah...but like I said, only the four plants you can legally grow of course.

But if you have some friends that grow four plants as well etc...the thing is, the thing that blows my mind is you're just using ice, and in the end you get some nice hash. As mentioned, my buddy bought a 20 dollar washing machine and now he doesn't even sweat.

As an aside...that thick, brown, disgusting water that's leftover? That will get you tripping in new ways you did not know were possible with the green.

Back