• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
My mother wouldn’t take it too kindly either. Actually I find it rather offensive.
The assault on religion is nothing new. Unfortunately there are too many radicals in most religions that ruin it for the rest.

Except Buddhism/Taoism. I like those two.

Habsy

There a concerted assault on religion by hardcore atheists. Been going on for quite awhile here.

Habsy

Agreed. Except the cultist part. Acceptable terms are fanatics, hardcore religious nuts and priests that care too much for alterboys.

Pagans too

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Done away with.

Okay, thank you.

That's a complete figment of the imagination. There is no atheist group on the planet that proposes "doing away" with religion. Removing it from the public square is often misconstrued by the religious as being that though.

Habsy

Okay, thank you.

That's a complete figment of the imagination. There is no atheist group on the planet that proposes "doing away" with religion. Removing it from the public square is often misconstrued by the religious as being that though.
Mmm hmm

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
You're more than welcome to go find anything resembling an atheist organization that states that they want to "do away with" religion.

Atheist groups across the board, especially in the US, focus on the separation of church and state. Not elimination of the church. Atheists don't give much of a **** what you worship, they might look down their noses at it, but they're absolutely not trying to do anything to your right to worship freely.

Habsy

I saw Raised by Wolves. I know.

I need to come down a little before discussing something this serious. Can we table it?

BeLeafer

resurrected
From my studies of Kant (Critique of Pure Reason and Critique of Judgement), no, never talked about animal rights.