• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

There a concerted assault on religion by hardcore atheists. Been going on for quite awhile here.

Agreed. Except the cultist part. Acceptable terms are fanatics, hardcore religious nuts and priests that care too much for alterboys.

Pagans too

Done away with.

Okay, thank you.

That's a complete figment of the imagination. There is no atheist group on the planet that proposes "doing away" with religion. Removing it from the public square is often misconstrued by the religious as being that though.

Okay, thank you.

That's a complete figment of the imagination. There is no atheist group on the planet that proposes "doing away" with religion. Removing it from the public square is often misconstrued by the religious as being that though.
Mmm hmm

You're more than welcome to go find anything resembling an atheist organization that states that they want to "do away with" religion.

Atheist groups across the board, especially in the US, focus on the separation of church and state. Not elimination of the church. Atheists don't give much of a fuck what you worship, they might look down their noses at it, but they're absolutely not trying to do anything to your right to worship freely.

I saw Raised by Wolves. I know.

I need to come down a little before discussing something this serious. Can we table it?

From my studies of Kant (Critique of Pure Reason and Critique of Judgement), no, never talked about animal rights.

I have no idea about any of this antisemitism stuff, but one thing I do know is that Corbyn is godawful at politics.

Still amazes me that he went into a general election campaign as the head of one of Britain’s two biggest parties, and studiously avoided taking a clear position on the central issue of that election (and of the last number of years in British politics).

The Labour Party did well to kick his ass to the curb.

Back