• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

Eus3ntBXYAQve6z

Landed in Colorado...and clearly, the front fell off.

I made the mistake of watching a few episodes of Air Crash Investigation a while ago. Um, might not fly again, lol.

Those are all quite horrifying but they don't really hold a candle to plummeting 30,000 feet to your death with a cabin full of people screaming all the way.

Those are all quite horrifying but they don't really hold a candle to plummeting 30,000 feet to your death with a cabin full of people screaming all the way.

Yeah absolutely. But it's a numbers game

1900 of those a year in Canada, and the last airline fatality in Canada was 1970

Holy shit

Rollovers bud.

I saw one happen right in front of me a few years back when I was heading home to Calgary from Banff. Nasty business. No severe injuries thankfully, but scary as fuck to see. I was expecting to see life threatening injuries. Broken arm and a couple of mild to moderate conky's I figure were the worst of it.

Was also a SUV fwiw

This is all from my teens but: one head on, one roll over a culvert, one straight off a cliff (landed in deep snow). Nary a scratch.

Yeah absolutely. But it's a numbers game

1900 of those a year in Canada, and the last airline fatality in Canada was 1970
Not sure how that's counted but I watched one recently about a Swiss Air off peggy's cove. Not a flight out of Canada per se, but it was trying to land in Halifax. Everyone died.

Back