• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

Supporting anti-fascist left wing politicians is necessary to preserve democracy (mostly by preventing neocons like Poilievre from gaining power) but it doesn't come without side effects, one of which is comically stupid wokeness like this.

I'm guessing that this is more about recruitment than anything else. Unfortunately what the CAF fails to grasp (aside from forgetting what the word "uniform" means or why uniformity is important when you're trying to run an army) is that this loosening of standards isn't going to improve morale nor is it going to get them one additional recruit, at least not the kind of recruit they'd even want. A person who won't enlist because they don't want to get a haircut and a shave is the very type of snowflake no army should be trying to attract. And people like that will always find an excuse not to enlist because at the end of the day they simply don't want to. It's got nothing to do with dress or comportment.

Do we really want an army full of microbrewery rejects with man buns, face tats, and lumberjack beards? If having to have your head and face shaved and wear the same clothes as everyone else in the army is asking too much of you then you aren't cut out for soldiering. The very first thing any recruit needs to learn is that they don't get to decide what's optional and what isn't. The army doesn't exist to be inclusive. It exists to subsume the individual into the collective. Individualists need not apply.

Supporting anti-fascist left wing politicians is necessary to preserve democracy (mostly by preventing neocons like Poilievre from gaining power) but it doesn't come without side effects, one of which is comically stupid wokeness like this.

I'm guessing that this is more about recruitment than anything else. Unfortunately what the CAF fails to grasp (aside from forgetting what the word "uniform" means or why uniformity is important when you're trying to run an army) is that this loosening of standards isn't going to improve morale nor is it going to get them one additional recruit, at least not the kind of recruit they'd even want. A person who won't enlist because they don't want to get a haircut and a shave is the very type of snowflake no army should be trying to attract. And people like that will always find an excuse not to enlist because at the end of the day they simply don't want to. It's got nothing to do with dress or comportment.

Do we really want an army full of microbrewery rejects with man buns, face tats, and lumberjack beards? If having to have your head and face shaved and wear the same clothes as everyone else in the army is asking too much of you then you aren't cut out for soldiering. The very first thing any recruit needs to learn is that they don't get to decide what's optional and what isn't. The army doesn't exist to be inclusive. It exists to subsume the individual into the collective. Individualists need not apply.
you really need to start a podcast.

also, it sounds like you just object to progress and modernization generally.

you really need to start a podcast.

also, it sounds like you just object to progress and modernization generally.
The armed forces need to be what they're about. Forget about the recruitment spiel and how you learn all these skills and it's a great career yada, yada, yada. Armies exist to go to war and kill people on their citizens' behalf. That is their ultimate purpose. If they do nothing else, they need to be able to do that and do it efficiently and, hopefully, better than the opposing army that's trying to kill them. Doing this requires the individual to submit to regimentation and uniformity. How you dress or wear your hair or even when you get to take a shit isn't up to you. You do what the fuck you're told, when you're told and how you're told. It has to be this way. You don't follow the orders of your commanding officer because you like them. You follow orders because they've got the job or you're no good. Discipline begins with a shave, a haircut and a uniform (which, as the word implies, is uniform, with everyone dressed the same way)

Armies don't exist to be laboratories for social experimentation. They have one ultimate purpose: to kill when ordered to do so and to do so without remorse. I've voted for Trudeau three times and will do so again but there's no room for "sunny ways" in our armed forces. I don't want an army with the feels. I want an army that follows orders, all of them, not just the ones with which they agree.

And I want this guy.

1657133894738.png

If I'm allowed to be a dick and berate his opinions I'm in. I could do shock jock easily. I'll try a podcast on topics with Wehave.

Free for all... what would you call it?

We can hang the "Basically the Stanley Cup Champions 2022" banner in the studio whenever Zeke guests.
We would make bets on shit your wrong about and the bet will be a full day with not a single jab at the Leafs. Not a peep or quip. Worth more than money to see you do it while zeke talks and talks about Leafs advance stats.

Pure gold jerry. I might need that one on zoom.

We would make bets on shit your wrong about and the bet will be a full day with not a single jab at the Leafs. Not a peep or quip. Worth more than money to see you do it while zeke talks and talks about Leafs advance stats.

Pure gold jerry. I might need that one on zoom.
Do you want anyone to actually listen to this podcast?

Back