• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

zeke

Durant did finally eke ahead of Kyle this year though.

11.Durant 4.96rpm
15.Lowry 4.65rpm

For reference:

134.Demar 0.22rpm
186.Norm -0.48rpm

Wayward DP

zeke you don't need to resent Demar anymore. if anything, we couldn't have won our chip without him. send him a christmas card.

leaffan2005

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong Demar is a flawed player who should have never been a top dog for a contending team. But he is still a very talented scorer who has high-level athleticism and has done a great job improving every single season. This last year he was tasked with more ball handling and distribution and he was a lot more effective than previous years.

But he is what he is. A volume scorer who depends on an archaic mid-range game who is best served as a #2 or 3 option on a good team. Doesn't mean he is worse than career bench player who is also very flawed in Norman Powell.

GEEMAN

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong Demar is a flawed player who should have never been a top dog for a contending team. But he is still a very talented scorer who has high-level athleticism and has done a great job improving every single season. This last year he was tasked with more ball handling and distribution and he was a lot more effective than previous years.

But he is what he is. A volume scorer who depends on an archaic mid-range game who is best served as a #2 or 3 option on a good team. Doesn't mean he is worse than career bench player who is also very flawed in Norman Powell.
Bang on post , more of a # 3 option on a great team . Lacks a consistent 3 pointer and will have nights off more often than a star

However a solid player , hard worker , and low maintenance .

zeke

Bang on post , more of a # 3 option on a great team . Lacks a consistent 3 pointer and will have nights off more often than a star

However a solid player , hard worker , and low maintenance .
He'd be a good 6th man. Like Lou William's, but without the 3pt range.

HabsFan1

Davis will be a player IMO.

Thomas mind of looks way overmatched on D. But it’s really early let’s see what happens.

Hernandez and Brissett will be good for the 905. They should have a solid team again this year.

Jeremy

The Toronto Raptors’ 2019 NBA championship run is getting the commemorative video treatment. On Oct. 22 fans who want to remember the franchise’s first-ever trip to the top of the mountain again and again can purchase the officially licensed commemorative championship film, 2019 NBA Champions: Toronto Raptors.

Releasing on Blue-Ray Combo, DVD and digital, as a press release states, this video promises to give Raptors fans “exclusive behind-the-scenes access, interviews, commentary and never-before-seen footage that takes fans through the triumphant 2018-19 season filled with hard-fought battles, bold trades and a captivating collection of players from around the globe determined to bring the Larry O’Brien Trophy to Toronto for the first time ever.”

Fans looking to purchase a copy will be able to find it across Canada at Walmart, Sunrise Records, Best Buy, the NBA Store and Amazon. The digital version will be available on iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play, Xbox and VUDU
Sportsnet.ca

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Damn, let your nuts hang coach. I can't remember ever hearing him be so candid about not liking the effort level or approach of any of his players like this before.

HabsFan1

I think he is just trying to light a fire under their ass. I think Stanley could be a useful bench guy if he could bring it together.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
They still buy shoes in China it seems
They do. I would understand, but disagree with Lebron being dead silent on the matter given the amount of (deserved) shit talking he's aimed at his own authoritarian prick. I get it, there is loads of money to be made in China and that means toeing the line. As nice as it would be for someone to become this era's Ali, it's not an obligation. If dude just wants to sell shoes and look out for a dozen generations of his family, have at it, there's no shame in that.

But to go out of his way to take a shot at Morey and then go behind the scenes and question Adam Silver on why Morey wasn't being "punished" is fucking crazy. Pure ignorance or flat out cruelty towards the situation the citizens of Hong Kong find themselves in.

Sad thing is, it sounds like a lot of people around the NBA are mad at Morey right now. Players and execs a lot. I've put up with a lot from this league over the years, this would be a breaking point for me. Human rights aren't negotiable. I "get" but disagree with quiet compliance, . But actually bending the fucking knee to an authoritarian government to sell jerseys and shoes? Hard pass.

MyNameIsJonas

They do. I would understand, but disagree with Lebron being dead silent on the matter given the amount of (deserved) shit talking he's aimed at his own authoritarian prick. I get it, there is loads of money to be made in China and that means toeing the line. As nice as it would be for someone to become this era's Ali, it's not an obligation. If dude just wants to sell shoes and look out for a dozen generations of his family, have at it, there's no shame in that.

But to go out of his way to take a shot at Morey and then go behind the scenes and question Adam Silver on why Morey wasn't being "punished" is fucking crazy. Pure ignorance or flat out cruelty towards the situation the citizens of Hong Kong find themselves in.

Sad thing is, it sounds like a lot of people around the NBA are mad at Morey right now. Players and execs a lot. I've put up with a lot from this league over the years, this would be a breaking point for me. Human rights aren't negotiable. I "get" but disagree with quiet compliance, . But actually bending the fucking knee to an authoritarian government to sell jerseys and shoes? Hard pass.
To be clear my intent wasnt to defend Lebron wirh my comnent