• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

GEEMAN

Reading the Lakers were in on Lowry but bulked because the Raps asked for a pick? That was a major misstep of true.

I don't think any Lowry deal was made when no team offered the 2x 25 mil contract request

The offers were probably so bad at that point that why bother making a move

zeke

This is a legit great game in front of a US national audience against a full strength clip team.

GEEMAN

This is a legit great game in front of a US national audience against a full strength clip team.

That’s why we need to tank the rest of the way to put ourselves in the best lottery position

Team is good with some pieces in place

We need another star and it’s a very good draft in the top 10

Simply one of those fuked up years where everything went wrong

zeke

Not sure I'll ever get over this shameful tankjob tbh.

These boys are fighting their hearts out here.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Not sure I'll ever get over this shameful tankjob tbh.

These boys are fighting their hearts out here.

100% you're over it by the time you hear "and with the 7th pick in the 2021 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors selects Jalen Johnson from the University of Duke Blue Devils"

100%

zeke

100% you're over it by the time you hear "and with the 7th pick in the 2021 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors selects Jalen Johnson from the University of Duke Blue Devils"

100%
How many legit studs at the top of this draft? 8th overalls don't have the greatest track record. Last time masai had a top 10 pick he chose poeltl.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
How many legit studs at the top of this draft? 8th overalls don't have the greatest track record. Last time masai had a top 10 pick he chose poeltl.

There's 4 legit #1 picks at the top of this draft imo. The only thing that could make this top 10 better is if there was a generational player coming out of it (there isn't). The top 5 is a dynamite top 5 overall though. After that there's a group of about 6-7 players all with some sort of upside to like (stretch bigs, 3&D, etc). There's probably an all star or two in that group (Johnson, Johnson, Jones, Bouknight probably the most likely from my limited time spend on the subject so far) and a bunch of valuable role players.

This was a great season to suck. With a bit of lottery luck you're going to end up with a plus starter, without lottery luck you're going to end up with a really good player.