• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

GEEMAN

Honestly, he's bigger, more athletic, and a better playmaker than kawhi. If he develops the same offensive weaponry, he's a step above kawhi....thats probably unlikely though. I think we're looking at more of a bigger, more athletic draymond with a reliable but unspectacular jump shot.

Which is a motherfucker of a player

Great post

Time will tell if he is that stud game closer and carry a team on his shoulders which sets apart the elite from the good

DMG has no offensive game and overrated IMO

Put him on a weak team he will get exposed just like Orlando thought Ibaka was the difference maker

He is the perfect chess piece surrounded by studs

Scottie could also be an elite defending Siakam type as well .

fergy57

Averaging near a triple double with 10 ppg is still averaging near a triple double. Any kind of Draymond iteration would be great.

(but a better Kawhi would be even better).

zeke

it's just not a great comp tho. Dray is otherworldy basketball sense with underwhelming tools.

We don't know if Scottie ever gets that kind of basketball sense but his skill package is far better.

better comp:

Scottie (20): 35.4min, 15.3pts (49.2/30.1/73.5), 7.4rb, 3.5ast/1.8to, 1.1st, 0.7bk
Garnett (20): 38.9min, 17.0pts (49.9/28.6/75.4), 8.0rb, 3.1ast/2.3to, 1.4st, 2.1bk

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
it's just not a great comp tho. Dray is otherworldy basketball sense with underwhelming tools.

We don't know if Scottie ever gets that kind of basketball sense but his skill package is far better.

better comp:

Scottie (20): 35.4min, 15.3pts (49.2/30.1/73.5), 7.4rb, 3.5ast/1.8to, 1.1st, 0.7bk
Garnett (20): 38.9min, 17.0pts (49.9/28.6/75.4), 8.0rb, 3.1ast/2.3to, 1.4st, 2.1bk

KG was 7'0 though

There isn't a great 1 to 1 Scottie comp. Not a lot of 6'8 quasi point guards out there.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Isnt Barnes closer to 6’10 now?
He looks bigger every time I see him.

Haven't seen updated heights, but I'd bet on him being 6'9 like Pascal

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
What is a Damian Jones?
What is a Nunn?
Why is a Russ?

Jones and Nunn actually aren't terrible. Jones is an okay bench big, Nunn a decent enough backup PG. Russ is the king of inefficient numbers though and just makes any lineup he's in worse. Imagine that guy being 92nd percentile in USG% last season. I struggle to see him accepting any lesser a role this year either. For comparison, Pascal was 91st percentile in USG% last season. Lakers gave Russ the ball more than the Raptors gave Pascal the ball.