• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Extended garbage time, so can call this one over

- Jamal Shead good. Like, really good. Complete pain in the ass defensively which was expected, but it was the offensive stuff I was surprised with. Legit point guard IQ out there, good first step and finishes well over the interior D. Limited by the lack of a 3 pointer, but if that ever just gets playable he's a front of the bench guard option.

- Davion also good. Same as Shead really, except he looks like he can shoot the open look. Flashed a nice crossover to step back in the mid range tonight that surprised me.

- Gravy is Gravy. Still a bit loose with the ball, but if you liked his 2nd half from last year he looks like a bit more of an advanced version of that with 10 pounds added.

- Agbaji...seriously didn't hate him, which is weird because I really didn't like how he looked last year. Was strong in point of attack defence on Poole tonight, 1/3 from outside and looks athletic and bouncy which was something I was disappointed in last year, he didn't look athletic to me at all. Slow footed. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore

- RJ looked like good RJ before he left with the injury. Getting his feet ready on catch and shoot opportunities, getting to the lane at will, getting into trouble when he overhandles it, etc.

- Boucher had the type of game you hope Darko appreciates. Typical Boucher game. High energy and a bit scrambly, but hit his shots, ran the floor, defended and rebounded well. Give this man minutes.

- Mogbo disappointing to watch, but then shows up with 5 board and 5 assists with 0 TO in 19 minutes. Does not look like an offensive threat at the NBA level, but might do everything else well enough to be a really good glue guy. I was expecting him to be a bit bouncier, bit bigger and more physically impressive tbh.

Reactions: CH1
A few other things:

- This was pre season, so yeah whatever, but Washington played their full roster minus a few veterans (Brogdon, Holmes, Bey). This was an NBA roster that the Raptors pumped. A bad one, but still. Which brings me to my next point

- Tonight kind of underlined how futile it would be tanking with the BBQ core intact. That Wizards team is what a tanking team looks like, and basically our B Team dog walked them tonight. Jordan Poole is an elite tank commander, we just can't compete with that.

Back