• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

So did Kemba who looked like shit

A miracle shot kept us from going down 3-0 and possibly a sweep

Celts were better in this series

We don't have a closer like Tatum

I mean, two possession game in game 7 against a team that's also contending. No shame.

Our #1 option imploded, unfortunately. Hopefully that's not the real Siakam. But even if it is.....2 possession game in game 7 against a team that's also contending.

yeah, my takeaway isn't that this group can't contend at all.

My takeaway is that you need to answer some questions and shuffle some pieces

1) Is Gasol done as he looked in the playoffs, or can he still be a useful rotation big with Serge? I'm prone to consider the bubble as an outlier as Marc was still a very, very good defender during the regular season. If you bring back Serge & Gasol (both are free agents), how much savings are there? They were paid a combined 49 million this season, I can guarantee they won't be remotely close to that this season. Neither are likely to be that horny about moving on from Toronto.

2) Is FVV trying to end up on a bad team that will pay him, or stay a Raptor? If he's trying to stay a Raptor, he's probably only looking at a 8m raise. If he's trying to be a Piston, 20+M is probably a thing.

3) Assuming that you just run it back again, the biggest flaw this team has is in the half court offence. We need at least one guy who can create shots out of broken plays, late clocks, etc. Doesn't have to be a star (though that would be fucking nice), just someone who can create individual offence and is tall enough to ride all of the rollercoasters at wonderland

I think that if you can find one legitimately good but non star player who can patch that particular hole in the rotation, we're contender status again.

With all of that said, until we know the cap figure for next year, no one has a fucking clue what's going to happen going forward.

Good post

Serge will be lucky to get 10 from us on a 1 year deal and Marc will be 5 mil at best
We need another legit big as Gasol if he comes back cant be trusted over an entire season and playoff

Fred is what he is ...a nice complimentary rotation player with flaws
I wouldn't cave into his demands at all …. he isn't Lowry`s replacement

Big difference between being a rotational piece and asking him to be the lead guard at 5`10"

Let him rot in Detroit or Chicago at big money . Celts played hardball with Smart at 13 mil and he was solid in this series and brings more elements to a team .

I have all the faith in Davis being a better 2 way player

They lost in 7 games by a single possession. This whole "they almost got swept" thing is dumb. I agree that Boston was better but your narrative is ridiculous.

cmon ...one miracle shot from being down 3-0

How does that series end …….

cmon ...one miracle shot from being down 3-0

How does that series end …….
Okay and what if they won the very winnable game 2 instead? Boston got a gift that game. You can play these games all you want. The fact is, outside of 2 games, the series was quite literally a coin flip. Two elite defensive teams who happen to be title contenders battling it out. You're being ridiculous.

If the reports about Siakam not being able to touch a ball for three months during the covid lockdown are true, I’m not that concerned about him. We saw what he could do before the pause.

Okay and what if they won the very winnable game 2 instead? Boston got a gift that game. You can play these games all you want. The fact is, outside of 2 games, the series was quite literally a coin flip. Two elite defensive teams who happen to be title contenders battling it out. You're being ridiculous.

2 shit performances in 7 games is huge for an outcome

We lost to a better team

We also lost game two by 3 points. Let’s not forget we needed an OT win against the Bucks last year in game 3 to stay alive in that series. Winning is winning, by an inch or a mile.

Given their age, I think it’s risky to bring back both Gasol and Serge.

Serge is a better player , what do you think he gets in the open market

He gets paid huge imo. More than the $20m he already makes.

And he's not worth it, despite his red hot 3pt shooting the last half of the year (50+%).

Is he better than gasol? I don't think so. He's a dead end offensively (shoot or nothing) and not very good defensively (and not a guy who can defend big Cs like Embiid or Jokic). His insane 3pt shooting (along with gasol's ice cold shooting) is likely deceiving.

they were actually going to stand at mid court and flip a quarter to see who wins?

that was a legit shot

miracle shot was the bouncer in game 7 last year

Back