• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

how good a deal are you getting for Lowry anyway at this point?

I would imagine both LA teams + Phi would bid as high as possible....but I just don't think either has the kind of assets to make it interesting. You want at least one high end young asset back and I don't see them having any.

If you can get Maxie, Thybulle and a 1st as a base from Philly maybe, but **** these LA teams.

Lowry is solid but if the right deal comes along you got to pull the trigger .

I get the luv but team isnt winning a title and a retool is in order soon

Team cant really afford to overpay a nice player like Norm , with 70 mil tied to 3 players not including Lowry

Paying Norm terrifies me

He has earned the right for his last big payday

But he is just a nice rotational player....AKA the most overpaid players in the 18-20 mil range

Norm doesnt move a needle and the team as constructed isnt contending for a title

Team needed to be in that GSW 3-5 year title run phase where you could justify it and then deal with the cap later , do whatever too keep a contending core in place .

Basketball novice here ...
Can the Raptors become a championship team again in the next two seasons?
Would he play for the Raptors against a discount? If not, he has been paid for his services, why does he deserve anything more?
It should come down to economics .... If the raps don't realistically believe they will win the championship with him next season or the one after, why keep him? Isn't that how teams get into financial trouble? 30 million a season to say thank you is a lot of money for someone who, by all accounts, is on the downside of his career..

Back