• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

what is happening with the Knickerbockers? They haven't had a winning season in almost a decade.

what is happening with the Knickerbockers? They haven't had a winning season in almost a decade.

Thibs has them playing defence. Thibs teams seem to go one of two ways, they either check out completely because he's an asshole or they become a top 5 defensive team and are competitive. They need RJ to take a big step as a primary scoring option if they're going to get much better than this though imo.

That's definitely his rep but the Wolves had shit defensive numbers -- I guess they checked out early and often

Some cores are bad matches with some coaches. I think that Wolves group (KAT, Wiggins, Lavine, Rubio) would have done a lot better with a space and pace coach like D'Antoni rather than a slow grinding style. They were uber athletic and their PACE rating over the Thib years were 25th, 24th, and then 14th (fired mid season and improved in the 2nd half).

You can always bring in veterans to do the dirty work around the talented kids later rather than trying to turn thoroughbreds into plow horses and then getting angry at them when they're not good at it.

Reactions: CH1
Thibs has them playing defence. Thibs teams seem to go one of two ways, they either check out completely because he's an ******* or they become a top 5 defensive team and are competitive. They need RJ to take a big step as a primary scoring option if they're going to get much better than this though imo.

Raps need RJ

Yup , who was the last star or RJ caliber player to not extend with their current team after their ELC ?

Most sign the extension as soon as it's offered, it's life changing money. A whole bunch of them change teams during that contract though.

Back