• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

You noticed where I prefaced the post with my belief that PatBev is the biggest twit in the league, right?

Judging the NBA by what comes out of PatBevs mouth is like judging the NHL by what comes out of Sean Averys

oh-my-goodness.gif

You noticed where I prefaced the post with my belief that PatBev is the biggest twit in the league, right?

Judging the NBA by what comes out of PatBevs mouth is like judging the NHL by what comes out of Sean Averys
He can be the biggest twit, but come on, you think NBA players are generally posterboys for good sportsmanship as compared to NHL and MLB players (I don't follow the NFL so I have no idea what they're generally like).

He can be the biggest twit, but come on, you think NBA players are generally posterboys for good sportsmanship as compared to NHL and MLB players (I don't follow the NFL so I have no idea what they're generally like).
you clearly did not spend much time in hockey locker rooms growing up... or at least not the same ones many of us appear to have been in...

you clearly did not spend much time in hockey locker rooms growing up... or at least not the same ones many of us appear to have been in...
I’m talking about public comments and acts, things that are on view to the world at large and show poor sportsmanship. Not the exactly zero interviews you gave to the local media when you played pee wee hockey.

I’m talking about public comments and acts, things that are on view to the world at large and show poor sportsmanship. Not the exactly zero interviews you gave to the local media when you played pee wee hockey.
I think you have a selective memory and viewership but this also seems to bother you far more than the rest of us so I am content to leave this be and allow you to bask in your outrage

The skin deep appearance of character isn't actually character.
yeah this was, ironically, simmering under the surface of all the previous posts, but I determined it was not worth the vitriol I would receive for going there.

but you went there, so kudos to you, and good luck with what is to come ;)

I think you have a selective memory and viewership but this also seems to bother you far more than the rest of us so I am content to leave this be and allow you to bask in your outrage
I’m so outraged I don’t know what to even do. The outrage is out of control, just an outrageous amount of outrage. Maybe I’ll drop another post on a message board to calm myself down.

yeah this was, ironically, simmering under the surface of all the previous posts, but I determined it was not worth the vitriol I would receive for going there.

but you went there, so kudos to you, and good luck with what is to come ;)
You’re an idiot. You’re misinterpreting his post to be some commentary about racism, I guess. If that’s what he actually meant, he’s an idiot too, but I didn’t interpret it that way.

The skin deep appearance of character isn't actually character.
The issue is presenting to the public. They can be whatever shits they want to be behind closed doors, just like anyone else in their private life. But in public, people should hold themselves to a higher standard. Like a lawyer going to court in a t-shirt and flip flops. Wear a suit and have some class in public, and then do whatever you do in private.

The issue is presenting to the public. They can be whatever shits they want to be behind closed doors, just like anyone else in their private life. But in public, people should hold themselves to a higher standard. Like a lawyer going to court in a t-shirt and flip flops. Wear a suit and have some class in public, and then do whatever you do in private.
Makes more sense now, we don't define character in near the same way.

it kind of sounds like so long as the athletes wear a suit and don't cuss, you don't care if they are virulent racists because they are being "professional".

and you would presumably find it more objectionable if an NBA player used an F bomb to describe some overt racism (easy example, fans in Utah) than the example above?

or in other words, decorum > substance.

this is what I am taking from your thoughts on this. I am sure you will angrily tell me why this is not the case. if this is your position then that is fine I suppose. obviously I disagree.

Makes more sense now, we don't define character in near the same way.
Who ever said anything about character? I’m not hoping to police what people do in their private lives. I’m simply talking about how they present professionally to the public, and the choice they have to set a good or bad example for people watching them.

it kind of sounds like so long as the athletes wear a suit and don't cuss, you don't care if they are virulent racists because they are being "professional".

and you would presumably find it more objectionable if an NBA player used an F bomb to describe some overt racism (easy example, fans in Utah) than the example above?

or in other words, decorum > substance.

this is what I am taking from your thoughts on this. I am sure you will angrily tell me why this is not the case. if this is your position then that is fine I suppose. obviously I disagree.
No, it’s not that I don’t care what they do in private. That’s not my business and there is nothing that can be done about that. Their profession is professional athlete, and they should act professionally when in that capacity just like anyone else when doing their job. This is not that difficult a point to grasp for fuck sake.

No, it’s not that I don’t care what they do in private. That’s not my business and there is nothing that can be done about that. Their profession is professional athlete, and they should act professionally when in that capacity just like anyone else when doing their job. This is not that difficult a point to grasp for fuck sake.
I think we likely define what is "professional" differently

Back