• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

For any baseball fan with some unexpected time on your hands, I recommend checking out some of these essays by Joe Posnanski. He's been counting down the Best 100 Baseball Players of All Time on The Athletic. I was ignoring these at first but have probably read about 15 of them now and they're all fantastic. Great storyteller. So if you see a name on the list that you're curious about, check it out. I haven't read one that wasn't interesting yet.

Universally acknowledged as one of the greatest baseball players of all time and yet still, somewhat underrated. #4 on the list, Hammerin' Hank Aaron. Great article.

Honestly, to me it feels like the season won't be anything close to normal anyways, so I'm totally up for experimenting. Keeping the leagues in their separate spots makes way more sense than forcing everyone to bunk in Arizona. Yeah, it's gonna feel weird to refer to Boston being in the "South" division, or playing tons of games against the Phillies and Pirates, but it makes a lot of sense since teams will at least have a semblence of a "home" park in this case.

More than anything, the continent is hungry for some sports related distraction. Baseball has become (by far) my least favorite of the big 4 but I think this Grapefruit League setup will have an old-timey vibe, so might be fun to check out.

Back