• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

zeke

I can't get on Montoya much. team is beating expectations by a large margin, and his roster is so full of unproven and/or interchangeable talent that I have a hard time nitpicking his daily roster choices.

I mean who the hell would have predicted that Teoscar/Tellez would be our best hitters this year deserving of the 3/4 slots?

Jeremy

I can't get on Montoya much. team is beating expectations by a large margin, and his roster is so full of unproven and/or interchangeable talent that I have a hard time nitpicking his daily roster choices.

I mean who the hell would have predicted that Teoscar/Tellez would be our best hitters this year deserving of the 3/4 slots?
Agreed. Hard to complain when we have a playoff spot.

Btw, Shapiro mentioned recently that some of the choices Montoya has made during the games has been based on things we don’t know (ie an injury etc).

mbow30

i think the walker trade was a great one.

but...

anderson, roark, ray, stirpling... it's like we relive joey hamilton overand over and over again with clownshoes' pitching decisions.

zeke

zips+steamer projections

ray 4.95era/4.93fip
Walker 5.16era/5.35fip
Stripling 5.19era/4.91fip
Villar 90wrc+, 0.1war

mbow30

ya they all kind of stink but walker has a good arm and they gave up a 10 year stretch project for him. ray cost them a pitcher who looks like he could turn into a pretty high end reliever.