• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

zeke

Decent year at least.

But its a pretty frustrating end, especially since imo we didn't put our best lineup out there in either playoffs game. And here we are in a do or die and both Rowdy and Kirk - 2 of the best and most exciting stories of the season - are stuck on the bench while some vet retreads play in their place.

UWHabs

Decent year at least.

But its a pretty frustrating end, especially since imo we didn't put our best lineup out there in either playoffs game. And here we are in a do or die and both Rowdy and Kirk - 2 of the best and most exciting stories of the season - are stuck on the bench while some vet retreads play in their place.
No self-respecting playoff team should have Travis Shaw play 1B in a do or die game.

Hopefully next season, with a more normal spring, and more time, Vlad can get good enough at 1B that you can feel more comfortable keeping him out there full-time, and can use the DH slot as more of a rotating hole for guys like Kirk or Rowdy or the rest of the roster. Also just giving the rest of the kids like Bo more reps and more chances.

Still a very young team, and if you can even go add in Martin in the next year or two, along with more growth from the various arms on the roster, and soon this team could look like the White Sox squad from this year.

Jeremy

Definitely looking forward to seeing Austin Martin in our lineup. Wondering where he’ll fit in defensively eventually.

UWHabs

Definitely looking forward to seeing Austin Martin in our lineup. Wondering where he’ll fit in defensively eventually.

I think they were giving him the most reps at 3B this year? Without minor league games hard to say, but that would make a lot of sense, unless if they feel he was better suited for the OF.

Jeremy

I think they were giving him the most reps at 3B this year? Without minor league games hard to say, but that would make a lot of sense, unless if they feel he was better suited for the OF.
Sounds like he’s had throwing issues so not sure if he can make it at 3rd. Maybe OF or 2nd?

Killer93

What does the rotation look like next season outside of Ryu? Feel like they need to add 2 quality starters to be taken seriously. Roark and Anderson suck

zeke

Under Team Control Next Year

LH Ryu 34
RH Roark 34
RH Anderson 33
RH Stripling 31
RH Thornton 27
RH Pearson 24

RH Merryweather 29
RH Cole 29
RH Romano 28
LH Borucki 27
RH Waguespack 27
RH Hatch 26
LH Kay 26
RH Zeuch 25
RH Reid-Foley 25

(RH Murray 24)
(RH Diaz 24)
(RH Manoah 23)
(RH Castillo 22)
(RH Richardson 20)

CF Grichuk 29
RF Teoscar 28
LF Gurriel 27
3B Shaw 31
SS Bichette 23
2B Biggio 26
1B Tellez 26
DH Guerrero 22
C Jansen 26

UT Fisher 27 ----- (Kirk 22)
OF Davis 29 ----- (Martin 21)
IF Espinal 26 --- (Groshans 21)
C McGuire 26 ---- (Moreno 21)

Last edited:

MyNameIsJonas

My offseason wish list

1) SP. A high end one and a backend one. For the high end one there really should be no excuse. Bauer, Paxton, Tanaka are all interesting FA, especially Bauer, who apparantly wants a short deal, is analytically driven, and was acquired by CLE when our front office was there. The price tag will be massive but we should have flexibility. If not FA, i hear Greinke or Darvish could be traded as a lot of teams want to dump dollars. I'd be open to Walker or Ray back to join FA/Ryu/Pearson along with a kid as the 5.

2) INF. The beauty of Biggio and Bichette is that they are versatile and willing to play wherever, so that means they can target 3B, SS, or 2B in FA/Trade. Names like Justin Turner, Andrelton Simmons, Marcus Semien or DiDi Gregorious work as FA, while big fish like Javy Baez, Fransisco Lindor, or Kris Bryant could be moved via trade

3) CF friend for Grichuk. Sign Jackie Bradley Jr, platoon them. Easy

4) Pen, i trust them to get guys, but if spendy spendy Liam Hendriks or Kirby Yates

manny

Anthopoulos has his team back in the LCS.

Amazing that his teams have been in the playoffs every year since he got the Jays to the ALCS in 2015. Twice as VP of player development with the Dodgers and then three years in a row as GM (and now President ) in Atlanta. You can’t give him much credit for the Dodgers success, but whatever he learned there is serving him well.

No cheap wildcards or reliance on expanded playoffs either, his teams have won their division 6 years in a row.