• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I was wondering about Happ yesterday.

His 2020 results were actually very good.

I think he still has a few decent years left.

MLB is often slow. Not like the NHL where everyone signs right away. And probably moreso this year since teams still don't know if you have DH in the NL, or know if they will have fans in the seats, etc...

Not that it’s needed, but here’s more evidence the Blue Jays are among the most active clubs this offseason. According to sources, they offered free-agent right-hander Kevin Gausman a three-year deal, believed to be in the $40 million range, before the pitcher accepted the Giants’ one-year, $18.9 million qualifying offer.
The Jays, meanwhile, continue to pursue free agents at a breakneck pace. They are interested not only in outfielder George Springer and infielder DJ LeMahieu, but also have been in recent contact with outfielder Michael Brantley and third baseman Justin Turner, among others, sources say.

I wonder if they’re offering everybody they’re taking to 70 cents on the dollar.

Seems a sure fire way to add some talent.

Gausman is overpaid though. He has been good, but only sporadically. It was worth trying to see if he'd exchange some longer term security for a big payday. I'm happy to keep the draft pick.

Rogers and Brookfield Asset Management want to transform the huge parcel of land as part of a whole downtown redevelopment.

They want to maple leafs square it. Will be a huge money maker, so its probably true.

Back