• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

axlsalinger

Happens all the time. Everyone's waiting for Bauer, once he signs all the teams that didn't get him start looking at the next best guy...

Leafin'

And it kinda sucks that we have nothing left from the Osuna deal now that Perez is gone. What an idiot that guy is. Only 25 years old and he could’ve been looking at top closer money.

manny

I'm all for signing Andrelton Simmons.

A huge priority on team defense is a big part of why the Rays are good every year and it makes the pitchers seem much better.

Simmons solves the 3B problem, Bichette shifts over for a year or two.

manny

Weird. 7 50fv prospects seems thick not thin.
I agree that the comment doesn't seem to fit the rankings.

Interesting thing though is that all Shapiro and Atkins have to show from their "teardown" is one 50FV prospect, SWR. Yeah they drafted Austin Martin but that's only because we endured one of the worst years of Jays baseball in many years. All the assets they had to trade from an ALCS team and they end up with one single decent prospect.

axlsalinger

Yankees get Jameson Taillon. Interesting deal for Pittsburgh, prospect haul doesn't look like much based on their ranks within the org but I'm pretty high on Canaan Smith and Escotto. Upside is there for them to shoot up the ranks this year, esp. Escotto who's one of those low minors guy who could bust but has star potential.

Nearly a decade ago, Gerrit Cole and Jameson Taillon began dreaming about a future in which they’d line up back to back in the starting rotation. It happened for the Pirates for a few years, and now, they’re about to be reunited in the Bronx.

The Yankees have agreed to a trade to acquire Taillon from the rebuilding Pirates, sources told MLB.com on Sunday afternoon, rounding out their rotation with a right-hander who’s undergone Tommy John surgery twice but has performed like a top-of-the-rotation starter when healthy. The deal has not been confirmed by either club, but the players involved have been informed.

In return, the Pirates are set to receive prospects Miguel Yajure, Roansy Contreras, Maikol Escotto and Canaan Smith, MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand reported. The right-hander Yajure was the Yankees’ No. 15 prospect, according to MLB Pipeline. Contreras was their No. 19 prospect, Smith was No. 21 and Escotto was not among their Top 30 Prospects.