• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Bleedsblue&white

Stripling mowing 'em down after a shaky first.
Yeah just had to give him some rope...imagine that.

Vlad needs to be getting props for his defence.
Obviously worked on it, continues to work on it and it feels like just from the start of this season to right now he has become leagues better.

...it wasn't helping him, having brutal throws to receive, and that's been better, but Jr. has gone from "well I guess he has to play first," to "geez, this kid can play first!"

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

If they continue to hit all year and be in top spot or close to it, this has to be the year you use that prospect capital for pitching right? And not just any pitching top tier pitching

GEEMAN

A big key is that it's not just one or two guys in the lineup. Getting multi-hit games this week from Biggio, Bichette, Hernandez, Semien, etc... means that the team can come back from early deficits and overcome on days where the pitching isn't flawless.

And the fact that the bullpen has been pretty lights-out despite all the injuries obviously is a big key. Can't expect that to hold up forever - we're bound to have a series or a week where the pen gives up 5+ a night. But let's enjoy while we can and get some in before those AAA pitching and injury list reinforcements come back.

That’s why the team acquired Marcus and George

Load up on the bats and win some ugly games when pitching will be an issue some nights

Add that to a group of developing young stars , it’s a bright future when our young pitchers develop as well.

Bleedsblue&white

For all we b**** about the media around here Blair and Barker are great for baseball here. I wouldn't want them doing the games but I love listening to them dissect the games.

GEEMAN

For all we b**** about the media around here Blair and Barker are great for baseball here. I wouldn't want them doing the games but I love listening to them dissect the games.

Barker with that Texas accent is awesome

I am still pissed with the radio BS

I prefer listening to the previous radio crew while having an outdoor beverage or driving on the weekend

Total BS how Rogers nickel and dimed that part

Bleedsblue&white

Barker with that Texas accent is awesome

I am still pissed with the radio BS

I prefer listening to the previous radio crew while having an outdoor beverage or driving on the weekend

Total BS how Rogers nickel and dimed that part
Yes, but this is just covid right?
I always figured they were going to go back to the right way once everything was opening up.

axlsalinger

I don't understand why they did that, seems idiotic. Think I heard somewhere they aren't the only team that did this, and that it'll go back to normal next year, but still a weird thing to do.

manny

Yeah it would be a bit surprising to hear the Sportsnet VP criticize this decision. The lack of broadcasts during spring training was the hugest disgrace, but that’s over now.

The stuff I’ve caught on the radio has been fine. I think that might have more to do with just what a great play by play guy they have in Shulman than anything else. Imagine a Wilner trying to call a game for radio and TV at the same time — he’d be so befuddled it would be mostly just silence (may have been an improvement.)

MyNameIsJonas

Borucki to DL.

They are running out of jobbers to put in the pen. Manoah?

Ah, they signed Carl Edwards Jr, and still have Tice and Snead down there i think

Bleedsblue&white

It's not always about the on-air guys, though yeah, who doesn't love Shulman (probably jonas)

It's about whoever is doing it being cognizant of the fact that there are people watching without any visual clues and they might not want a 5 minute story on riding the bus in the minors while they are trying to understand what is going on in any particular at bat...fuck, sometimes these guys get going for half the inning.

Bleedsblue&white

He's very antiquated, and arrogant to boot.

Barker i like. The best guy they have is Joe Siddall. Buck and Pat are also awful.
I knew you were going with arrogant or something similar.
I call him cantankerous.

Siddal is great
I'm starting to get more tired of Tabler than Buck, though I did watch Buck break his leg.