• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Yeah, I could do without him. Would be nice if they could pick up a young player to take a shot on to play 3B.

Thoroughly unimpressed with what Chapman brought, and paying him some exorbitant salary now would be barfworthy.

it is a pretty tough call. Always thought he had more offense in him even back in Oakland, but at this point he is what he is. That glove is so damn good, though.

That left side defense is to die for.

Good thing Chapman costs nothing but money or our Moronos would trade another Moreno to acquire him.

That left side defense is to die for.

Good thing Chapman costs nothing but money or our Moronos would trade another Moreno to acquire him.
get your head out of your ass, please. We already know exactly what they traded for him.

The Toronto Blue Jays have finalized a trade for Matt Chapman from the Oakland Athletics, addressing a gaping hole at third base with the latest bold strike.

In exchange the Blue Jays are sending four players to the A's, headlined by 2021 first-round pick Gunnar Hoglund, a right-handed pitcher. Also going to Oakland are infield prospect Kevin Smith, left-handed pitching prospect Zach Logue and left-handed reliever Kirby Snead.

New White Sox GM says they are open for business. They have some interesting hitters.

-Maybe you eat the Moncada contract and get something to go with it.
-Eloy? If healthy he’d be an interesting DH option.
-Luis Robert would be a monster acquisition for the OF. Probably a hefty hefty price tag.
- Tim Anderson had one of the worst years ever last year. At 30 and a pricey contract he could probably be had along with an asset.

Moncada has been mediocre most of his career, pretty meh. Eloy has big power but man he gets hurt a lot. And Tim Anderson put up a 60 wRC+ last year. Some team will take a chance on him for sure. Luis Robert is the most exciting, but he has to get carried across the street because he refuses to walk. Not sure he'll be worth the price tag in the end, but he does have star upside. They may want to keep him too, still only 26.

get your head out of your ass, please. We already know exactly what they traded for him.
First of all, it's warm in my ass, and so it serves as a nice makeshift cap when I've left my chapeau at home.

Second, obviously I was speaking to what they could trade for him now, if he was going to be acquired rather than reacquired/re-signed.

Third, it was a joke, and your immediate hostility after letting it fly straight over your head may hint that you're a little oversensitive about criticisms against this front office. Unless your last name is Shapiro or Atkins, in which case I would understand.

First of all, it's warm in my ass, and so it serves as a nice makeshift cap when I've left my chapeau at home.

Second, obviously I was speaking to what they could trade for him now, if he was going to be acquired rather than reacquired/re-signed.

Third, it was a joke, and your immediate hostility after letting it fly straight over your head may hint that you're a little oversensitive about criticisms against this front office. Unless your last name is Shapiro or Atkins, in which case I would understand.
well they would obviously give less for him now that he's 2 years older. it just gets tiresome reading so much dumb shit in this thread, which in fairness is usually not coming from you.

New White Sox GM says they are open for business. They have some interesting hitters.

-Maybe you eat the Moncada contract and get something to go with it.
-Eloy? If healthy he’d be an interesting DH option.
-Luis Robert would be a monster acquisition for the OF. Probably a hefty hefty price tag.
- Tim Anderson had one of the worst years ever last year. At 30 and a pricey contract he could probably be had along with an asset.
I wouldn't mind Moncada as someone who can be a stopgap filler. Give less pressure to the kids, someone who you expect like 1 WAR out of, but there's a very slim chance he can put up a killer year.

He basically has 1 year at 30M left, because no way the team option on his deal is used. So if CWS eats like 20m of that, basically get him down to the Belt/KK contract level, he could make some sense.

Eloy I don't know as much. He just hasn't found the swing yet, and as a DH only it just feels like there's other options out there.

Robert seems like the guy they need to either build around, or trade to get someone to build around, so I don't see us as a match.

Only way i take Moncada is if it lessons the cost of Robert. He's expensive and shit.

Eloy is tempting, but his health makes him too risky, especially with Soler, Teo, Hoskins , Belt, Garver, JD Martinez out there as legit DH options on the market.

Last edited:
If we want a stopgap at 3B and focus $$$$ at LF and DH, then Urshela, or Longoria could probably do for 1 year as defensive solutions. I probably lean going this way than paying a guy like Jeimer Candelario, or a Justin Turner

If we want a stopgap at 3B and focus $$$$ at LF and DH, then Urshela, or Longoria could probably do for 1 year as defensive solutions. I probably lean going this way than paying a guy like Jeimer Candelario, or a Justin Turner
Including Chapman, I just don't really see any 3b with a real price tag as someone who I would be excited to sign, so yeah, getting someone cheap who can fill in makes the most sense. And heck, there's always a chance that Espinal rediscovers what he was 2-3 years ago and is better than any of the FA out there. We can't count on that, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Including Chapman, I just don't really see any 3b with a real price tag as someone who I would be excited to sign, so yeah, getting someone cheap who can fill in makes the most sense. And heck, there's always a chance that Espinal rediscovers what he was 2-3 years ago and is better than any of the FA out there. We can't count on that, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
I think via trade my fave candidate is Willy Adames ( we really should be in on him, Yelich, maybe some pen) and i can get behind a Eugenio Suarez or Johnathan India if i squint and it doesnt cost anything i care about,

Espinal could have been non tendered, at 3M or whatever it is and how much he declined at literally everything, he should be replaced rather than being asked to do anything.

As long as DH and LF are actual additions im talking myself into Urshela, who could hit reasonably well and play good D. Longoria is too shit.

Rowdy… the cautionary tale on not trading prospects. AA had a deal for Zobrist at the deadline in 2015, but didn’t want to trade Tellez. Zobrist went to the Royals, and ended up destroying the Jays in the ALCS while the Jays played Ryan Goins.

Tellez strikes me as a guy that might go to Korea and tear it up with the hopes of coming back to spend a few more years in MLB. Like Eric Thames.

Back