• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Again, in a normal season, we’d be in early May. Performance wise, I don’t have any worries about Vladdy. Fat wise, I think concerns are warranted.

He is 21 and an athlete. I cannot believe he is so fat.

They have got to get that under control ASAP. Get him on a program, get people overseeing him.

Grichuk is Grichuk again. He’s a guy I would try to move, if you can find a taker for his contract.

Yeah I think we have seen enough of this guy. He is what he is and he is far to streaky to put together a solid season.

His contract is not that bad and they should be able to move him.

Hardly a lost cause. He is only 21 with tremendous potential and pedigree.

It has just been a very poor season and he has taken a step back. I think we all were expecting big things. What else can you say? Blame it on 2020 and fast food.

He also needs some coaching on the fundamentals.
The operative word there is coaching ..... They don't have any real coaching going on.
The whole management is loopy.
Fire the lot .... I don't care if they win the world series this season (ok I lied ... I do care if they win lol), but the 3 amigos have to go.

It is almost like we have the Herb Tarlick, Les Nessman and Carlson from wkrp in Cincinnati with those three ... Close enough to Cleveland.

Hardly a lost cause. He is only 21 with tremendous potential and pedigree.

It has just been a very poor season and he has taken a step back. I think we all were expecting big things. What else can you say? Blame it on 2020 and fast food.

He also needs some coaching on the fundamentals.

when?

the vlad thing is interesting

it is classic 101 on how to fuck a player up
i blame the team for 83% of this

are they still letting him live with his grandma?
how is he not on a nutrition plan and workout plan?
why the fuck would you change his position when there is no spring training or really any practice time?

they would not call this guy up because of defense and some leader beans but they can change his position with no notice and no practice time lol

I blame them for wasting all that time trying to let him play 3B. He was never going to be a good 3B.

They should have been training him on 1B fundamentals from day one.

when?

the vlad thing is interesting

it is classic 101 on how to **** a player up
i blame the team for 83% of this

are they still letting him live with his grandma?
how is he not on a nutrition plan and workout plan?
why the **** would you change his position when there is no spring training or really any practice time?

they would not call this guy up because of defense and some leader beans but they can change his position with no notice and no practice time lol

With the short season , I have no issue with the position change now

Team had no expectations and getting him acclimated to his eventual position for 3 months is better now than a normal 162

All teams are adjusting to bigger rosters and juggling players to finish the year

The fat fuk issue is inexcusable

Every player has a different body type and playing heavy for some is ok for their power

But he is a slob and the extra weight makes him a defensive liability some nights

I blame them for wasting all that time trying to let him play 3B. He was never going to be a good 3B.

They should have been training him on 1B fundamentals from day one.
No, he has a strong arm and pretty soft hands, but has problems with lateral mobility, at least some of which can be attributed to his weight. As a teenager/20-year-old, it was very reasonable to see if he could make a commitment to fitness and improve at the position. They were also using the ability to play a more premium defensive position as a motivator for him to get into better shape. It didn't work, and when Vladdy showed up to summer camp at his most obese ever, they were right not to try to stick with it any longer.

In retrospect, they could have had him in RF from a younger age.

Vlad has to work hard on 1B skills in the offseason though, or he'll be a lifetime DH.

You think a team that has been in contention for a playoff spot all year should have traded their closer? And if they were blowing leads left and right, would have led the chorus criticizing them for not having a closer?

Oh, I see, it's because of their failure to get one of these to predict injuries.

jwHBR57.jpg

Back