• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

What does this even mean, exactly?

That they just simulcast the TV feed?

If so...I don’t understand why every team isn't already doing that? What is the need for a separate radio team anyways especially in a sport like baseball?

What does this even mean, exactly?

That they just simulcast the TV feed?

If so...I don’t understand why every team isn't already doing that? What is the need for a separate radio team anyways especially in a sport like baseball?

The TV feed tends to spend half of the broadcast relying on the viewer being able to see the game to understand what's going on. Radio has to be a ton more detailed man. Calling the game on the radio is an artform.

Listening to Pat Tabler telling a fucking story for 3 batters just doesn't fly on the radio.

Yea +1 to having a dedicated radio broadcast for my baseball team please. Doing work in the garage or backyard, driving, camping, whatever I don’t always want to sit and watch the tv.

Shulman is great. But cmon. I guess the bottom line is that they’re easily saving 150k on not having a dedicated radio guy/team.

Lame af.

If they ask the TV guys to call it like its on the radio, the TV product will be worse. If they just keep calling it like they do, the radio will be terrible. Most likely both will suffer.

The most disconcerting thing is that for all the penny pinching orgs out there, nobody else is doing this.

But Rogers is a media empire. Maybe they're the first to realize you don't need separate broadcasts. Nobody has ever figured it out.

More likely some newly promoted dingus made the call.

Question .... Of you could play any sport professionally, which sport would it be.
Would you play it for love or for the money?
Just curious ... Doing a paper and want to use these results in my work.
Would that be ok?

Question .... Of you could play any sport professionally, which sport would it be.
Would that be ok?
baseball - less brain injuries, more dollar billz, games all the time

Would that be ok?

If it is strictly money , its hockey

A slug can work a decade+ in the NHL and make tens of millions

Wont a single batter lefty in MLB take in like 8 mil per season

This last NBA off season, during a pandemic that is shit kicking revenues:

Milwaukee signed a bad backup PG 7x3
Toronto signed a tragedy of a C for 7.15x2
Malik Beasley signed 15x4
Davis Bertans 16x5
Bogdanovic 18x4
KCP 13.33x3

That's 2 bad bench players making more than Willy, and 4 starters who are just starters. Not super stars, not all stars...shit, KCP is averaging 8 points a game, and all 4 of them would have the highest AAV in the NHL, by a lot.

If you're even just pretty good in the NBA, you're 15 millie.

This no radio thing is so weird in spring training. Their next TV broadcast is Friday, March 12, meaning there is no home team coverage of the Jays on radio for almost two weeks. If you want to listen, you have to tune into the Yankees, Phillies, Tigers, etc broadcast and hear them ramble on about their lineup, roster and prospects. How can this possibly be good for the brand?

In better news, Orelvis Martinez had his first spring training AB yesterday and singled. Martinez could be among the top prospects in baseball by the end of this year, IMO. He has all the tools.

Back