• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Kyle Gibson comes into today's game with a 135.00 ERA. That's 9 times worse than Tanner Roark. Gibson was bad last year as well. Bad in 2019 too. Ryu starts for the Jays. Should win this one.
I should have posted when I read this that this means auto Jays loss. cause that's what I was thinking!

Hard to criticize the manager when a move works out. I would have probably pinch hit Tellez or Kirk for Panik and let Jansen hit. But I'd also probably have a 3rd C on the roster so that Kirk could be used as a bench bat.

This is an exciting team, it’s very early. 156 games still to be played. The bats will get going.

Last edited:
appears to have been dumb enough that he deleted the post?
Maybe it was Mon4NHL, could have swore Jonas had a post in there. Managers always try to get everyone into a game early in the season (do I really need to explain why?) and I can't fathom how anybody could criticize a manager because he played a contact hitter on a team struggling to hit ahead of somebody who is 0-15 with 5 K's (and who pinch-hit in the game and is now 0-16 with 6 K's).

I'm actually pretty happy with Montoyo so far. Again, he is managing a team with 1-2 MLB quality starting pitchers. Maybe 3 once Ray is back (maybe). They overachieved significantly last year. If the team can hang near .500 with this pitching staff, it will be heroic.

like, any idiot should be able to come to the conclusion that if the pitch was going to be a strike, and you got hit by the pitch, you obviously made no effort to avoid it and if anything made a deliberate effort to get hit.

It hit his elbow pad. You can even hear it if you can’t see it for some reason.

Agreed that it should be reviewable. The point of replay is that split second judgment calls can be wrong, and that’s exactly what this was.

Yeah, mlb replay is annoying since all they can do are true/not true calls (ie. can review whether it hit him, but cannot review "ump decision" plays like whether he leaned in or not).

Also I really wish they could get rid of these "it barely nicked his armor plating" type cases. Like, if you're wearing full body armor and it barely changes directions as it goes past, you get no credit for that. But I know that will never happen, since if you leave it to the ump, you'll have a case where a ball rams off the helmet and he'll call it a "deflection" and not credit them. Player safety and all that jazz. But man, so painful to see cases where I bet the player didn't even feel it give a win.

Back