• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I'd call that being extra-assertive.
Maybe. Paxton was a big injury risk, and this is about as badly as it could have gone. Over/lack-of-assertiveness appears to have saved the Jays in this case.

Again, Taijuan Walker at 3/23 would have been a pretty good signing, but they've already Grichuked that money away.

Maybe. Paxton was a big injury risk, and this is about as badly as it could have gone. Over/lack-of-assertiveness appears to have saved the Jays in this case.

You win some, you lose some. Yates is only a few bucks cheaper and is also dead.

I'm excited to see Palacios. No real expectations, but he's one of those unheralded guys who puts up solid numbers that might translate to the MLB level. There were positive reports about him last year from the club training site and he had a great spring training. Could be nothing or he could be the next Reed Johson/Kevin Pillar (except a LHB).

Like Tim Collins, without the strikeouts. Good luck to him.

Anthony Castro might have been a better call up. He’ll probably get his chance soon enough.

What negativity? I was saying he is in the same ballpark as Tim Collins. Collins is the poster boy for small RP prospects in that he has had an MLB career. Collins had way more Ks and was also a LHP. Jason Frasor was the last little RH RP I can think of for the Jays, but he was a starter coming up. Adjust expectations for Tice accordingly. It’s amazing that he might pitch in the big leagues.

What negativity? I was saying he is in the same ballpark as Tim Collins. Collins is the poster boy for small RP prospects in that he has had an MLB career. Collins had way more Ks and was also a LHP. Jason Frasor was the last little RH RP I can think of for the Jays, but he was a starter coming up. Adjust expectations for Tice accordingly. It’s amazing that he might pitch in the big leagues.
Tice has had around 11 K/9 in most of his minor league starts. Just a cool story, and obviously would be great if he can be an asset for the Jays in the pen. And Frasor was pretty good for a while there.

Tice has had around 11 K/9 in most of his minor league starts. Just a cool story, and obviously would be great if he can be an asset for the Jays in the pen. And Frasor was pretty good for a while there.
Around 11 K/9? It’s 9.8. I guess it’s also “around 8 K/9”. Weird.

Frasor was way, way better in the minors. Then he had a great, odds defying career.

Collins was way better in the minors. He has carved out an MLB career.

Also K/9 numbers have increased a lot on average from 20 years ago (Frasor) or 10 years ago (Collins).

There’s a real obsession with the little guy overcoming the odds. I’d rather they give innings to guys who are more likely to succeed, but whatever. Castro might be awful and Tice might be a middle reliever for a few years.

Back