• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Nick Allgeyer called up to take Borucki’s spot in the pen. When he gets into a game, he’ll be the 24th pitcher to appear for the Jays this year. 24 pitchers already and it is mid-May. Incredible.

So the pitching is shambles, but you have to credit Montoyo or somebody for holding this shitshow together.

I think the Phillies D in this series is the worst performance I've ever seen by a team defensively. Just errors, mistakes and misplays constantly, over all 3 games.

Games like this are great because the bullpen is going to come back to earth but their offence was just unstoppable.

Games like this are great because the bullpen is going to come back to earth but their offence was just unstoppable.
Yeah. If your bats can score 10, you can live with a bunch of solo HR from the starter and some struggles in the pen.

Our lineup was supposed to have depth offensively? Not really a big fan of baseball anymore - but opening up the box score today and I was kinda like…wtf

Baseball America just updated its top 100. Jays on the list:

15. Austin Martin SS/OF
16. Nate Pearson RHP
27. Jordan Groshans SS
59. Simeon Woods-Richardson RHP
60. Alejandro Kirk C
82. Orelvis Martinez SS
92. Alek Manoah RHP
100. Gabriel Moreno C

I like the bottom 4 as much as I like the top 4. Probably more. Either way, very impressive.

Now let’s trade the guys who will bust for pitching help. Should be easy.

15. Austin Martin SS/OF
16. Nate Pearson RHP
27. Jordan Groshans SS
60. Alejandro Kirk C
82. Orelvis Martinez SS
92. Alek Manoah RHP
100. Gabriel Moreno C

I like the bottom 4 as much as I like the top 4. Probably more. Either way, very impressive.

what is the criteria for being a prospect?
why are kirk and pearson on it still? GP?

15. Austin Martin SS/OF
16. Nate Pearson RHP
27. Jordan Groshans SS
60. Alejandro Kirk C
82. Orelvis Martinez SS
92. Alek Manoah RHP
100. Gabriel Moreno C

I am getting a bit concerned #16 might be one of those …..should of been a stud ….could of been...…..but never will

15. Austin Martin SS/OF
16. Nate Pearson RHP
27. Jordan Groshans SS
60. Alejandro Kirk C
82. Orelvis Martinez SS
92. Alek Manoah RHP
100. Gabriel Moreno C

I think Groshans is the likely candidate to be moved

Manny , aren't teams putting a premium on retaining top prospects much more than before

I think Groshans is the likely candidate to be moved

Manny , aren't teams putting a premium on retaining top prospects much more than before
I would guess that if this regime did a Chris Sale like trade, or some sort of controlled SP that Groshans/Orelvis and Kirk/Moreno would headline a package. I dont think they move Martin, and i guess they lean not moving near MLB ready SP like Pearson/Manoah/SWR.

I would guess that if this regime did a Chris Sale like trade, or some sort of controlled SP that Groshans/Orelvis and Kirk/Moreno would headline a package. I dont think they move Martin, and i guess they lean not moving near MLB ready SP like Pearson/Manoah/SWR.

Bingo a Sale package , I would even consider a straight up caliber pitching prospect on the cusp of the majors

Bingo a Sale package , I would even consider a straight up caliber pitching prospect on the cusp of the majors
In the sense of a position prospect for pitching prospect type deal, sure, i think they could look that way if a team really wanted a Groshans? Kinda like Gallen for Chisholm worked for ARI and MIA.

The tough spot is for a potential rental. How far do you go if a Scherzer/Greinke/Maeda hits the market in July? I think this team will make every effort for a controlled arm if possible. Castillo/Gray/Marquez are the names that come to mind. Failing that i would not be surprised if they go the Walker/Ray route for no real capital, and presume they can fix his issues.

In the sense of a position prospect for pitching prospect type deal, sure, i think they could look that way if a team really wanted a Groshans? Kinda like Gallen for Chisholm worked for ARI and MIA.

The tough spot is for a potential rental. How far do you go if a Scherzer/Greinke/Maeda hits the market in July? I think this team will make every effort for a controlled arm if possible. Castillo/Gray/Marquez are the names that come to mind. Failing that i would not be surprised if they go the Walker/Ray route for no real capital, and presume they can fix his issues.

Doesn't seem like the MO of this org to go for a true rental, although it's possible especially since Semien was only a one year deal. It's also curious how the AL truly is wide open - CWS is probably the top team, but they've run into some big injury issues already, and I certainly don't think a team like BOS will keep up their current pace. So you certainly could look at all of this and feel that now would be a time to push.

Doesn't seem like the MO of this org to go for a true rental, although it's possible especially since Semien was only a one year deal. It's also curious how the AL truly is wide open - CWS is probably the top team, but they've run into some big injury issues already, and I certainly don't think a team like BOS will keep up their current pace. So you certainly could look at all of this and feel that now would be a time to push.
As far as who the top team is, my bet is still NYY, and i expect them to buy a deadline mercenary. CWS, I just think they are the best in a really bad division. Boston to me is playing over their heads, but never were as bad as some thought they were. They are going to be 500 or better. IMO better than Tampa.

If the Jays have a shot at Scherzer/Maeda/Greinke there really are no excuses anymore in terms of not meeting the ask. They have the prospect depth. My concern with any of those guys save for Kenta is that they can more or less control where they go.

I still look for a 3B upgrade midseason too. Neither Biggio or Lourdes IMO are starters though you can get away with 1, but both are bad defensively to boot. I wish they would look hard at a Kris Bryant as a pure rental. Kyle Seager is interesting but his 15M option next year is unnerving, though if you just use him as a Semien replacement it's okay i guess. Even an UTR LH 3B like Colin Moran solves a lot of problems. While im at it if Rowdy continues to be garbage i'd be very much open to Nelson Cruz for a half year if the Twins don't sort their shit.

Back