• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

red sox down 2-0.

sorta ot but anyone know if they'll let you bring a dslr camera into the rogers centre? thinking of going tomorrow solo.

Big chance for Berrios to make good on some of the deadline overpay tonight. The Jays are 4-4 in his starts so far. If he shuts down TB today, that will go some way to making the trade look less awful.

(He might still have a few more chances to redeem the deal this year too).

You realize that at one point the Padres thought they'd landed Scherzer, right? Plus most teams look for pitching at the deadline. Price to get Berrios was always going to be high... But worth it. He's here next year, too.

On lenses...Idk about Rogers, but I was hassled quite a but at BMO...I finally asked for some kind of sticker as I had been approached at least 3 times by employees by the time I had sat down.
This was just an exhibition game with the Canadian Women playing I think Brazil...I was surprised they were so concerned.

You realize that at one point the Padres thought they'd landed Scherzer, right? Plus most teams look for pitching at the deadline. Price to get Berrios was always going to be high... But worth it. He's here next year, too.

I think he comes to terms on an extension

They could have also acquired JA Happ for almost nothing and then got 1 year of Berrios for half the price in the off-season. But the Jays decided to pay the highest prospect cost that’s been paid at the deadline in many years to have Berrios right now. I’m saying that if Berrios helps them to a playoff spot this year, it’s more worth that price tag.

So far he has been pretty good, but also they’ve lost half his starts.

They could have also acquired JA Happ for almost nothing and then got 1 year of Berrios for half the price in the off-season. But the Jays decided to pay the highest prospect cost that’s been paid at the deadline in many years to have Berrios right now. I’m saying that if Berrios helps them to a playoff spot this year, it’s more worth that price tag.

So far he has been pretty good, but also they’ve lost half his starts.
But that was before double digit offensive innings became the norm. Things are different now!

Back