• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Walls are going higher to make up for it, though. Sounds like they're trying to make sure the changes balance out, although remains to be seen.

It’s weird that parks can have different dimensions. I get that Fenway and all that, that it’s always been this way and is kind of cool to have variation, but is there some minimum distance regulation or teams just do what they want?

357! So a high fly ball that didn’t quite make the warning track in RC is now a HR.

Stack up up lefty batters with high fb%

should be interesting. remember though that it's not a flat wall of 357 it bulges out in kind of a curve so that's just the very shortest point.

should be interesting. remember though that it's not a flat wall of 357 it bulges out in kind of a curve so that's just the very shortest point.
This is true, but if the lines are the same and CF is a few feet closer, right-Centre is basically all moved in from where it was before. Which was already pretty cozy.

The design looks symmetrical so presumably LF is about the same.

Puts a premium on LH fly ball hitters and reduces the importance of OF defence a bit, IMO

This is true, but if the lines are the same and CF is a few feet closer, right-Centre is basically all moved in from where it was before. Which was already pretty cozy.

The design looks symmetrical so presumably LF is about the same.

Puts a premium on LH fly ball hitters and reduces the importance of OF defence a bit, IMO

Although the wall being uneven with dips and gaps means you're going to get some weirder hops. It'll be deeper in some spots. Given the team's desire to bulk up the OF defense, I would bet they expect that to be more important in the new field. Or at least not significantly different

Back