• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

wife is getting a haircut right now

will report back with how long she has to live

#opencasket

got a bunch of those

what is the FI recommendation ?

for me their specialty is strong IPAs and sours (6-8%), which they somehow make taste better than most other breweries' regular strength ones. but if you don't like strong beer you might not like this brewery in general. Funny enough their regular strength IPAs and Lagers are their worst beers, imo.

Ransack the Universe (6.8%) and Life in the Clouds (6.2%) are two of their readily available classics. A little harder to find are ones like Radio the Mothership (8.5%) and Surround Sound (8.2%) which are crazy tasty for that strong a beer. They also have a series of numbered IPAs which get retired - currently they're on No12 (6.9%), which is also great. And they have a new summer strong Pineapple Vanilla IPA (6.1%) which took a bit getting used to but is very nice.

I've tried 2 Goses - Prohets & Nomads and Guava, and both are deelish.

Their sours are mostly good - but I don't love their famous Jam Up the Mash, as its a bit too sweet. Their new Mango Tangerine (6.0%) is tasty though. And they have a whole whack of other flavoured Dry Hopped Sours which are mostly very good and not overly sweet.

And they have a huge roster of Stouts and Porters which I've never tried because that's not my kind of beer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're great too.

Last edited:
Ehh, I don't know, I love Carrell and The Office is maybe my favorite comedy ever, but the trailer was underwhelming.

Saw a review earlier that said it was bad, but also another one that liked it, though didn't read past their headlines.

Beau's update: getting my collective arts haul today. Stay tuned for a detailed review of the Tangerine mango thing.

BEAU'S REPORT:

Is it too early to sample at 11:40am? Doesn't matter. The tangerine fucker is the best beer on the planet.

Complaint: These should be the size of the guava gose cans. Terrific beverage but this is not a tallboy drink for me folks. Give me a small sample with a crisp meal and I'm happy. But my goodness it's a fucking gorgeous bevvy.

yeah by the end it gets a little much.

that's why I go straight to one of their big IPAs right after for some balance.

Back