• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

My brother, who is an environmental scientist, would get a kick out of all this "organic" talk. I have no opinion either way but I'm tempted to show him just to watch his brain melt.

Where does your bro grocery shop??

He's vegan so no meat buying but he's not necessarily against going to the regular grocery stores. Farmers markets when he can, but he's not exactly thinking he's saving the world when he veers outside of the bigger chains. TLDR: He thinks they're mostly all lying scumbags that you can't trust and when he can, he'd rather help out and buy stuff from the smaller farmer lying scumbags.

I do not have an opinion on this matter. I usually just disagree with him for fun to get him worked up.

That's because there is no meaning. The standards for claiming organic are basically nonexistent.

Oh god I'm sounding like that maniac now.

that is not true - it is pretty strict

at least for crops - not sure about animals

Reactions: CH1
He's vegan so no meat buying but he's not necessarily against going to the regular grocery stores. Farmers markets when he can, but he's not exactly thinking he's saving the world when he veers outside of the bigger chains. TLDR: He thinks they're mostly all lying scumbags that you can't trust and when he can, he'd rather help out and buy stuff from the smaller farmer lying scumbags.

I do not have an opinion on this matter. I usually just disagree with him for fun to get him worked up.

I’m not vegan, otherwise I’d be your brother.

maxresdefault.jpg

that last sentence could sum up what, 90 odd per cent of your posts here? ;)

Don't kid yourself, he has an opinion on absolutely everything. Including having an opinion.

do you sometimes assume fake identities when you do that?

Looking to buy a tortilla press. Any recommendations other than the highest rated sellers on Amazon?

1) Buy the biggest one you can
2) Don't sweat the material, you will be putting a plastic bag over the pressing surfaces anyway, there is no material those things are made of that maseca doesn't stick to...every mexican in mexico just washes and uses some form of plastic bag as a non stick surface.
3) Any traditional handle press will do

Anybody ever made sauce with armageddon peppers or a naga pepper? Wondering what the flavour profile is like and how much dilution is needed to make it an enjoyable heat.

lots and lots of dilution I would guess.

for my ghost pepper sauce I roasted something like 6-8 ghosts on a medium size baking pan full of other veggies, then added in a bunch of vinegar and honey, and it was still too hot for most people.

Back