• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

Yeah, Neil Peart definitely wrote the vast majority of the lyrics.

My point was that I know there are amazing musicians out there that can "outplay" these guys in bands, but there's something to be said for being able to do it in a band that puts out classic songs.
That's usually timing. Right place right time.

Yeah, Neil Peart definitely wrote the vast majority of the lyrics.

My point was that I know there are amazing musicians out there that can "outplay" these guys in bands, but there's something to be said for being able to do it in a band that puts out classic songs.

Eh victor wooten has won a bunch of Grammies and has been a mainstay in one of the all time great genre defining (and busting) bands.

And vulfpeck is one of the best bands out there today - and likely to be looked back on 30 years from now much like rush is today.

Sorry if this has been mention here before. Anybody watching Line of Duty?

Saw the entire series. I wish it hadn't ended. And the way it ended wasn't all that satisfying from a dramatic point of view but it's definitely how it would have ended if this had been a documentary about police corruption.

Actually there is a BBC doc out now that covers the real cases of police corruption in London going back to the 60's and the common thread is that the guilty parties were never punished. They all retired, got their pensions and lived happily ever after.

I have no doubt that there are super talented bass players out there... same with guitar and drums. These guys can play anything and jam like nobody's business.

Guys like Lee, JPJ, Entwistle, Flea, Geezer were amazing and wrote amazing, classic music.
Mark King - Level 42
Peter Hook - Joy Division/New Order
Tony Levin - Peter Gabriel
Carol Kaye - session player with the "Wrecking Crew", the sound behind a ton of well known bands who's members couldn't actually play their instruments all that well. That famous bass riff on the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations"? Yeah, that was Carol.

Just finished reading Tom O'Neill's book about Manson (CHAOS: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties).

I watched a couple of clips of this guy on the Joe Rogan show a while back and found it interesting but hard to believe. But I have to say this book is amazing, a real page-turner. There's so much crazy stuff in there. We may never know exactly what happened, but he can definitely prove that Vincent Bugliosi and Terry Melcher were lying through their teeth.

Definitely a must-read if you're interested in the story of Charles Manson.

You ever see Tull live? Had the pleasure twice.

This is a decent rendition but I'll always be partial to Ian Anderson.

My kid learned the flute because of Jethro Tull.

So many good songs but one of my personal favorites:

Once, but I'm a a massive fan, Ian Andersen is my type of guitarist, love Barre as well.
'm on a bit of a kick again as I'm learning a fair amount of the acoustic stuff on Aqualung.

I've said it before, but Youtube is the best thing ever.
I just finished getting Mother Goose down (haha), and thanks to the wonderful people who post videos, all the subtle nuances that make Tull songs so darn pretty!

for me, no bassist touches victor wooten's blend of skill and melody.

he can carry a song on his own, and his chops are as good as anybody.

it's like mingus, mccartney and entwistle all rolled into one.

Was lucky enough to catch a Bela Fleck and the Flecktones concert about 25 years ago. In my top 3 all time.

Crazy storm in London last night

The lighting was not stop strobing like this for a good half an hour with a drone of thunder in the background. Very unusual.

Brand new single from Guns n' Roses called 'Hard Skool' is out! An old demo of this song leaked a couple of years ago, this one's quite different and Slash is all over it. They released an out there song called 'Absurd' a few weeks back but Hard Skool sounds a lot more like classic GNR. Hopefully a new album is on the way. Love it!

Back