• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

I was reading something a while back where they studied MLB umpires and how good they were:

It's a rather long read, but what the paper concluded was that that the best umpires at calling balls & strikes were those with about 3 years of experience in the MLB and were not all that old while the worst ones were the most tenured umpires who were getting up there in age.

I think the same applies to judges. ESPN was going on about how one of the judges had judged over 2,000 fights in his career and Annie Lederman (the one who gave the 119-109 card) had done over 600 fights.

UFC 254 main card starts in about an hour or so.

Possibly the second to last fight of Nurmagomedov's career and the one I've been the most looking forward to in his career.

PPV kicks off with Ion Cutelaba against Magomed Ankalaev.

Cutelaba isn't the best fighter in the world, but he legitimately has a screw or two loose and he's entertaining to watch.

Almost missed this not knowing it starts at 2.

huge main event. I wanna see if Gaethje can wrestle with Khabib. I know he can take the punishment but can he withstand the takedown attempts? The first few sure, what about the 10th? Let see if that D1 wrestling background helps.

Cannonier Whittaker should be a good one.

Gaethje's the first guy that I feel has a real chance to beat Khabib. I still think Khabib will win, but I won't be shocked at all if he ends up losing.

What Khabib just did was so fucking amazing, I don't even have words to describe it.

Justin Gaethje was so scared of Khabib's wrestling that he kept his hands down, got outstruck on the feet and still got taken down.

And when they were on the ground? It was a black belt against a white belt.

Long live Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Smart move to go out on top. Sucks to see him leave with so much left in the tank

Does it though? I mean, Khabib is a fucking monster. One of the best in the history of that division and definitely top 10 all-time in any division, maybe top 5...but name an exciting Khabib fight that you would sit down and watch again.

Incredibly impressive MMA career but watching him smotherfuck anyone in the world to death at will is way less entertaining than watching Gaethje v Poirier 2 for the belt.

Performances like that impress me.

I enjoy trailer park brawls as much as anyone but I also appreciate how he uses brute strength to dominate a lot of top fighters.

His last 3 fights have been the most impressive of his career. 3 of ths best in the division and he dominated them

If you look back at Khabib's UFC career, he fought in the toughest division in the sport, at least in recent memory.

He's never been knocked down. He's never been cut. He's never been in real trouble in any single one of his fights except for a close fight against Gleison Tibau from 7 or 8 years ago.

Khabib's the most dominant fighter I've ever seen.

That was awesome. Khabib is a beast. I don’t think we see him again. Doesn’t seem the type to keep it going just because. He’d need a true contender to emerge. I don’t think there is anyone in the division that fits that.

Conor Gaethje should be entertaining.

Before Gregor Gillespie got head kicked into a different galaxy, I had hopes for him. But nope, that's done.

I don't think there's a single lightweight who has the key to beating Khabib.

The reason I thought Justin Gaethje had a chance was that I was expecting him to be the one moving forward and would make it hard for Khabib to take him down. Nope, after a feeling out process, Khabib was the one pushing and pushing before finishing the deal.

Back