• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

I want Usman v Colby 2. Usman's hands have jumped up multiple levels in the last year. He'll fucking kill Colby now. He won't break the jaw this time, he'll rip it off and keep it as a trophy.

I just hate hearing from Colby - but yeh, Colby not taking on a real fight (really only taking on a beaten down former champ) - I’m doubting he’s improved as much as Usman.

Why is he not taking the fight?

I didn't realize that for some reason he's already getting Usman next.

I was talking about him ducking guys like Burns and Leon like he's been doing for months. The guy has done nothing since getting TKO'd to deserve another title shot but Dana is gonna Dana.

Snapped legs, crazy KO's...

yeah

Okay, Welterweight math:

Usman v Wonderboy
Colby v Leon (he's going to beat Diaz, Burns if he somehow manages to lose) for #1 contender
That'd be what I want too, but they're going to make Usman - Covington 2.

Whatever.

Edwards - Thompson should be interesting.é

I didn't realize that for some reason he's already getting Usman next.

I was talking about him ducking guys like Burns and Leon like he's been doing for months. The guy has done nothing since getting TKO'd to deserve another title shot but Dana is gonna Dana.
Yeh, Dana said he got the winner before the show started :)

but see ur getting onboard with what I said earlier. The match makers are getting really weird for title fights

Yeah, the first win was sweet but I don't see how Usman doesn't come in looking for murder this time. His hands are so, so much better now. Just that jab will keep pillow hands from being able to push pace against him. Eat a few of those and closing distance gets dicey.

Yeh the pathway to victory for Colby is wrestling...it’s a much much tuffer path than what usman can do as he should be able to outwrestle.

feel like usman is at the point where he wants to take the guys strength and beat him at it

I don't think Colby has a pathway to victory. I don't think he can try to gas Usman without running into more leather than what broke him in the 1st fight, he didn't have an answer on the feet in the 1st fight really and Usman's new jab changes that calculus a lot, and he's not a better wrestler than Usman either. Colby's best attribute by a whole lot is gas tank + wrestling. I don't see how that combination plays against a guy with a great gas tanking, great wrestling and what is apparently stupid power.

Usman is levels above everyone in the division.

Only way Colby wins is if usman gets in his own way and tries to box him to the dumbass point of leaving him open to take downs cause he wants to KO Colby so bad

Back