• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Hell of a weekend of fights.

Lima - Amosov is tomorrow night. That came creeping out of nowhere, but I'm all in. I think Lima is, at the very worst, the 3rd or 4th best WW on the planet and I'd love to see a fight between him & Usman if that were possible. Amosov's a great prospect too. Paul Daley - Jason Jackson's a great fight, and we get to see Aaron Pico against some dude.

Then Saturday has UFC 263. Sleeper fight: Drew Dober - Brad Riddell.

Leon remains schrodinger's contender. Both the most over rated, and under rated top 5 in his division in the sport imo.

Nobody can possibly know what the fuck he actually is because of the level of competition he's fought and how he's looked good but never truly dominant against any of it....also almost getting stopped by Nate tonight is a bad look for a guy who is supposed to fight Usman.

Leon remains schrodinger's contender. Both the most over rated, and under rated top 5 in his division in the sport imo.

Nobody can possibly know what the fuck he actually is because of the level of competition he's fought and how he's looked good but never truly dominant against any of it....also almost getting stopped by Nate tonight is a bad look for a guy who is supposed to fight Usman.

Was thinking how he was fighting down to diaz. Then thought about when GSP was fightijg Hughes the 2nd time and he was significantly better and just ran through him instead of fighting to Hughes’ talent

Was thinking how he was fighting down to diaz. Then thought about when GSP was fightijg Hughes the 2nd time and he was significantly better and just ran through him instead of fighting to Hughes’ talent

I'm not sure Leon is really top 5 in that division quite frankly. Usman, Colby, Burns, & Wonderboy are the clear top 4 on resume. Leon is in a bag with Masvidal, Chiesa, & Luque for 5th best in the division imo.

The best fight for Edwards would be a "rematch" with Masvidal, but honestly, why the hell would Masvidal take that fight?

There should be a rule in MMA that you need to at least attempt to advance position, or generate offence from the ground. 20 seconds or something like that. One take down turning into 2-3 minutes of little to nothing is very meh

Back