• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 1 / Game 7: @ Toronto, Monday, May 31ST, 7:00EST (SERIES TIED 3-3)

habs25th

I think the Laffs losing game 7 vs the Booins was way worse than this...
Well maybe because of the circomstances but this year they were so good in the regular season it really seemed like they had stepped to that contender level. And losing to a 24-21 team after leading 3-1... that's tough.

Sal_Butera

I guess Habs did the better job of signing / acquiring veterans w pedigree

Perry & Staal (2-Cups)

vs

Jumbo Joe + Simmonds + Foligno (0-Cups)

Jumbo Joe now has the infamy of losing a 3-1 series lead 3-separate times

Artnes

Thank you, this might comes off as patronizing but I do feel for Leafs fans. They're passionate and deserve better than the last 5 years. That's just cruel. They'll be scarred for a long time.
Its not. This is one of the more devastating playoff loses if not the most in my 35 years of watching this team.

I thought the 6 shots against the Devils in 2000 was putrid but these last 3 games in this series put it up there as the poorest effort I have seen from a roster with so much individual talent in a long time

east coast

I guess Habs did the better job of signing / acquiring veterans w pedigree

Perry & Staal (2-Cups)

vs

Jumbo Joe + Simmonds + Foligno (0-Cups)

Jumbo Joe now has the infamy of losing a 3-1 series lead 3-separate times
Foligno wasn't much help, considering the price (health?) Spezza was the best of the old guys...

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
I believe there were 2-posters (who shall remain unnamed) who chose the Habs?

All I can say is:

Rollie - I’ll see you in section 101 vs TBay or Avs
What you fail to realize is dunking on Habs fans after they've win a series is like telling the dude passed out that he can't have any more alcohol.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Something changed in game 6, Habs decided not to keep chasing the Leafs in their own zone and adopted a new strategy of boxing out the crease. And that was the series game changer.
What really changed in game six is they lost Muzzin. It was very noticeable.

wiseguy1

Staal is still pretty bad. I understand he can't score like he used to, but surprised how poor he is on the boards. His advantage is his long reach and stride that he uses to close in on the puck carrier and take away passing lanes.