• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 3 / Game 1: @ Las Vegas, Monday, June 14th, 9:00EST

Habs have some fast players: Byron, Anderson, CC. The issue is Anderson..... He can be the key in this series because of his size and speed but he is not using them.

Fleury usually struggles against us, we need to win battles and create more traffics in front of him.

I know KK struggled yesterday, but if we want beat Vegas we need to get maximum of KK and Suzuki, benching him won't be the solution.

Its always bench KK

I just saw an article (just the title) on the Toronto Star that says the Habs game 1 loss helps Leafs Nation heal... Barf, as if the Laffs are as good as Vegas. :ROFLMAO:
I knew there was a reason I was avoiding sports articles today.

thing is, you can't count on keeping momentum all throughout the playoffs....shit happens. the other teams are good. you have to regain momentum often. last night, we were like the Jets vs us -- fall behind and never threaten.

Vegas has the team that Bergevin has been trying to build for years.

Bingo , but we aren't built like them

We simply had the right matchups so far

I just saw an article (just the title) on the Toronto Star that says the Habs game 1 loss helps Leafs Nation heal... Barf, as if the Laffs are as good as Vegas. :ROFLMAO:
I knew there was a reason I was avoiding sports articles today.
Typical Leaf nation logic. An early exit in this series for the Habs would only accentuate how bad the Leafs actually are. If we win the Cup, they could say they lost to a pretty good team.

Bingo , but we aren't built like them

We simply had the right matchups so far

Especially without our best Dman.

Forces Gusto and Kulak to be exposed. Vegas got in Price's crease last night -- which neither the Jets or Leafs could do.

Especially without our best Dman.

Forces Gusto and Kulak to be exposed. Vegas got in Price's crease last night -- which neither the Jets or Leafs could do.

The Petry injury is a major loss , at ;east he can skate on our top 4

How long is he out ?

Idiot at the Bell Centre who didnt cover the peep hole should be forced to hold up the plug hole for the entire next game. If his arms tire and he drops the plug , he has to wash the Habs jockey straps by hand for a year.

If it was just the odd game that he was off, fine. But we have been waiting a dozen games and he has not come around only for brief flashes. I'm fed up with him. Maybe there is an injury involved.
He's been invisible most of the playoffs, but yesterday wasn't one of those.

Typical Leaf nation logic. An early exit in this series for the Habs would only accentuate how bad the Leafs actually are. If we win the Cup, they could say they lost to a pretty good team.
That's what they used to do in the late 90's-early 2000's. That was the first time I heard of the NHL conference finals being referred to as "the final four" and it was Leafs fan who coined the phrase to make it sound like an accomplishment. The next thing they did was the mental gymnastics of saying that because the Leafs lost to the eventual Cup champions it meant somehow that the Leafs were a good team.

Whatever helps them sleep at night, I guess.

If the coach wants to be fair, he needs to bench Anderson. Why Tatar is benched and not him? Oh well, it was the GM who gave him that fat crazy contract.
Again not having Petry forced the top 3 to play more and that is how Chairot got exposed. Petry is not only about offense, it is his puck moving ability and the minutes he can take.
Anderson is signed to a boat anchor contract for the next 7 years. Tatar is a UFA at season's end.

Do the math. They're going to play the contract.

Anderson is signed to a boat anchor contract for the next 7 years. Tatar is a UFA at season's end.

Do the math. They're going to play the contract.

I don't think his contract is as bad as Gally who is probably finished in 2 years

He hasn't done much in the playoffs but neither has Gally who is slow and compete only gets you so far

That's what they used to do in the late 90's-early 2000's. That was the first time I heard of the NHL conference finals being referred to as "the final four" and it was Leafs fan who coined the phrase to make it sound like an accomplishment. The next thing they did was the mental gymnastics of saying that because the Leafs lost to the eventual Cup champions it meant somehow that the Leafs were a good team.

Whatever helps them sleep at night, I guess.
They remain convinced Kerry Fraser screwed them out of a Stanley Cup in 93, as there was "no doubt" they would have beaten Montreal. Just like they did this year I suppose. Best response to that I've heard (maybe it was you) is that they couldn't beat Kelly Hrudy. Did they really think they would beat Patrick Roy that year?

Anyway, Leaf fans may hope we lose ( as they should, we would do the same). But they can't have it both ways. If we lose big, how bad were they? Only a Cup win for us could possibly justify them saying their team is not so bad. They are screwed either way.

They remain convinced Kerry Fraser screwed them out of a Stanley Cup in 93, as there was "no doubt" they would have beaten Montreal. Just like they did this year I suppose. Best response to that I've heard (maybe it was you) is that they couldn't beat Kelly Hrudy. Did they really think they would beat Patrick Roy that year?

Anyway, Leaf fans may hope we lose ( as they should, we would do the same). But they can't have it both ways. If we lose big, how bad were they? Only a Cup win for us could possibly justify them saying their team is not so bad. They are screwed either way.

We went 16-2 that year in the playoffs after losing the first 2 games to Quebec. I don't think many people realize that.

We went 16-2 that year in the playoffs after losing the first 2 games to Quebec. I don't think many people realize that.
Habs also got lots of help that year and not only Pens losing to Isles. Sabres monumental defeat of Bruins in round 1 - Habs had lost to Bs from 90-92 and would’ve most likely lost again in 93. Roy had all kinds of issues facing Bruins including his blue line shot goals against...

Yeah that was me. And every time I see Hrudey on the HNIC panel I think "Man, Leafs fan is looking at this right now and asking themselves how did they ever lose to this clown."

Habs also got lots of help that year and not only Pens losing to Isles. Sabres monumental defeat of Bruins in round 1 - Habs had lost to Bs from 90-92 and would’ve most likely lost again in 93. Roy had all kinds of issues facing Bruins including his blue line shot goals against...
Yeah I always toss cold water on people who try to find parallels between this year and either 86 or 93. Those were flukes that could never happen in today's NHL simply because of the reseeding formula in the playoffs. In both 86 and 93 it wasn't about who the Habs beat but about who they avoided having to play at all. In 86 they avoided the Nordiques who had beaten them in the playoffs the season before when Hartford upset them. The Whalers then very nearly upset the Habs, going to OT of Game 7. Then, instead of the Caps or Flyers in the Conference Finals we got the Rangers who were thoroughly mediocre. Then Calgary upset the Oilers, went 7 hard games against the Blues and lost to us in 5 games. That's a ton of good fortune in one playoff. No Nordiques, no Flyers, no Oilers. Despite a mediocre regular season only in the finals did we not have home ice advantage and the Flames only finished a point or two ahead of us that year.

In 93 we came back against Quebec but once again we were spared. No Bruins in the second round. We got the upstart Sabres, who we beat in 4 straight and then the Isles upset the defending champs in Pittsburgh. The west was weak. Any eastern team would have easily beaten the Leafs or Kings. Once again we had home ice in rounds 2, 3 and 4.

This season we are only in the third round at all because of the Covid format. We only had to beat the Leafs (who make a habit of beating themselves, and the frauds from Winnipeg) Now we have to play a team that knows its business and if by some miracle we get into the finals we'll be playing another team we shouldn't be able to beat.

Of course, but 16-2 nonetheless. 2 losses in 4 playoff rounds after the initial 2. That's as good as it gets.

Yeah I always toss cold water on people who try to find parallels between this year and either 86 or 93. Those were flukes that could never happen in today's NHL simply because of the reseeding formula in the playoffs. In both 86 and 93 it wasn't about who the Habs beat but about who they avoided having to play at all. In 86 they avoided the Nordiques who had beaten them in the playoffs the season before when Hartford upset them. The Whalers then very nearly upset the Habs, going to OT of Game 7. Then, instead of the Caps or Flyers in the Conference Finals we got the Rangers who were thoroughly mediocre. Then Calgary upset the Oilers, went 7 hard games against the Blues and lost to us in 5 games. That's a ton of good fortune in one playoff. No Nordiques, no Flyers, no Oilers. Despite a mediocre regular season only in the finals did we not have home ice advantage and the Flames only finished a point or two ahead of us that year.

In 93 we came back against Quebec but once again we were spared. No Bruins in the second round. We got the upstart Sabres, who we beat in 4 straight and then the Isles upset the defending champs in Pittsburgh. The west was weak. Any eastern team would have easily beaten the Leafs or Kings. Once again we had home ice in rounds 2, 3 and 4.

This season we are only in the third round at all because of the Covid format. We only had to beat the Leafs (who make a habit of beating themselves, and the frauds from Winnipeg) Now we have to play a team that knows its business and if by some miracle we get into the finals we'll be playing another team we shouldn't be able to beat.
I take it they will be putting an asterisk next to TBay’s cup victory, since it was illegitimate due to Covid-19?

Back