• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preseason GDT: Canes @ Panthers 9/28 6:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes finished the home and home.

In a reversal from last night, the Canes will field a mostly AHL roster. Ryan, Robidas, Montgomery. Fensore and Trikozov get their first game, as will both goalies, Martin and Perets.

The Panthers are playing more guys that you’ve heard of, but no Barkov or Tkachuk. They’re going with Black and Driedger in goal.

Live stream on the Canes website.

View: https://x.com/ryanhenkel_/status/1840054955614290252?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

No A-listers for the Canes, still kind of a depth lineup for Florida. Why are doing this on back to back nights again?

BTW, my wife ran into the majority of the Canes group that played last night at the State football game today. They were hanging around the concourse having a good time and taking pics with fans

Last edited:
The lines and pairings

Robinson - Drury - Jost
Lemieux - Robidas - Grimaldi
Nadeau - Unger Sorum - Trikozov
Jaaska - Brind’Amour - Blake

Ryan - Heimosalmi
Smith - Montgomery
Fensore - Legault

Martin
[Backup: Perets]

2-1 Canes after 1. Blake (from Jaaska and Fensore) with a sweet wrister a couple minutes in to open things up, and Jaaska with a steal near the defensive blue line, coast-to-coast alone and beating Driedger clean to break a 1-1 tie with 3 seconds left in the opening period.

Last edited:
Drury followed up a poke-check save by Driedger putting it by him to make it 3-1, followed shortly by a nice Unger-Sorum/Nadeau forecheck retrieval sent out front to Trikozov for the "I'm all alone in the slot" goal... 4-3 Canes after the Panthers answered with a pair.

Last edited:
Yup, an NHL-roster goal from the Panthers (Boqvist from Lundell/Mikkola) fired through a 4- or 5-man screen and the lead evaporates.

Well, that's when you want your defensive system to kick in to secure the W ... and given the roster, that aspect of the game is 100% a work in progress. Zero concerns here.

Back