• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preseason GDT: Canes v. Bolts 10/4 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes conclude their home preseason schedule against Tampa.

Tonight’s lineup is laden with veterans. Orlov is playing in his 4th game, maybe to get him back on track after his performance on Tuesday. Scott Morrow is healthy and gets his first game action. He and Blake are the only kids in the lineup. Kochetkov and Martin are in goal. After being scratched on Tuesday, it wouldn’t surprise me if Martin plays tonight. Sam Gagner on a PTO is in the lineup too. RBA hasn’t split the goalies playing time, maybe he does that tonight, although he’ll have the Wolves camp to get more reps.

The game will be streamed on the Canes website.

Yeah, I think Morrow is playing to get him some game time before he heads to Chicago, and they're probably giving Gagner a chance to get some more film so he can try to hook on somewhere. There's really no room on this roster for him. Blake has been the kid with the most consistent impact so he's getting a bone tonight. I'd love to see him stick around, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Apparently Morrow has looked pretty good in the limited time he has played. Appears to be a legit future starting six on D when he is ready. Nikishin and Morrow certainly should backfill the D corps for years to come as expected.

Apparently Morrow has looked pretty good in the limited time he has played. Appears to be a legit future starting six on D when he is ready. Nikishin and Morrow certainly should backfill the D corps for years to come as expected.

I still have the feeling we will never see Nikishin here. Sometimes it’s a a complete nightmare getting them out of that god forsaken place.

Last edited:
And apparently Blake had a bunch of turnovers trying to do too much. Nothing wrong with some AHL time for him.

And apparently Blake had a bunch of turnovers trying to do too much. Nothing wrong with some AHL time for him.

Yea. He was pressing trying to make the squad. He has one more opportunity but some AHL time would be good for him. He will be able to help this team at some point. I like his game

Edited to add I didn’t realize he wasn’t playing today. They mentioned on the broadcast that he would likely play today. Oh well

Last edited:
Back