• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Prospects Tournament

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes have released their roster for the Tournament. No college players or European based draftees were invited. It has draftees Gunler, Orr, Robidas, Pashin, Tieksola, Montgomery, Suzuki, Rees, Honka, Murray, Ponomarev, Hamrla and Vondras. It also includes Eric Cooley and Griffin Mendel who are on AHL contracts with the Wolves. Mendel played 10 regular season games and 1 playoff game for the Wolves last year on an ATO.

The Canes will play the Panthers on 9/16 at 10 am at Invisalign Arena, the Preds on 9/18 at 10 am at PNC and the Bolts on 9/19 at 1 pm at PNC. They’re playing 20 minute periods and a 5 minute 3 on 3 OT if the game is tied. Regardless of the score, they’ll have a 5 man shootout.

I'm going to try take my son and shoot for attending the games on the 16th and the 18th. Should be a nice start to kickoff the Fall Hockey schedule since the Canes have never hosted this event before.

Email from the Canes yesterday. If you still have your STM digital ID card in your virtual wallet, you can show it on Sunday for select seating. I don’t have mine and the new one hasn’t been loaded to Account Manager yet. The tickets are there, but no STM card.

Email from the Canes yesterday. If you still have your STM digital ID card in your virtual wallet, you can show it on Sunday for select seating. I don’t have mine and the new one hasn’t been loaded to Account Manager yet. The tickets are there, but no STM card.
I saw that. My STM digital ID disappeared from my wallet after the playoffs ended and doesn't even show as an expired pass. I'd assume the hard card would work if anybody still has that, because the digital ones are gone with the angels.

Too bad that there are no computers that are so small that they fit in the hand that allow the user to query a page to find if a person is in the necessary database or not. Seriously, people lose stuff all the time and if they're paid up, they should easily be queried in a database by the employees of a company. Why put the burden on the customer?

Too bad that there are no computers that are so small that they fit in the hand that allow the user to query a page to find if a person is in the necessary database or not. Seriously, people lose stuff all the time and if they're paid up, they should easily be queried in a database by the employees of a company. Why put the burden on the customer?
I mean, in this case they're asking the customer to produce a thing that I'm not sure exists. So, no burden really. So far as I'm concerned those seats are fictional

That’s too bad about Suzuki, unfortunately I am now convinced he will never crack this team’s lineup. I had high hopes for him too.

Ponomarev the best player by a country mile on the ice for the Canes so far today...looks like a really nice prospect. Apparently the Canes youngsters are not quite ready to kill a lot of penalties and the zebras loved calling the Canes for just about everything in game one.

Last edited:
There were a couple of opportunities for a Svech on that shift, but only Pashin tried it.

Took my kids to the third game on Monday, Canes prospects played well, Rees with a couple nice goals, had a nice tournament and looks like a guy that could be called on if needed this year, reminds me of McGinn.

Took my kids to the third game on Monday, Canes prospects played well, Rees with a couple nice goals, had a nice tournament and looks like a guy that could be called on if needed this year, reminds me of McGinn.
Yeah, Rees should be ready to step up at this point. He's got a full AHL season and whatever we're calling 20-21 under his belt and is getting consistent top line duty in Chicago. He's certainly feisty, but I wish he was a little bit bigger given the style he plays.

Back