• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2023-24 Season

The potential is on our back end. I'm not overly concerned up front. It'll get cleaned up by 23-24
Upfront is also a concern with no bottom 6 and lets see what happens with Dach and others

Need to find 2 goalies , baby steps but some light at the end of the tunnel

Upfront is also a concern with no bottom 6 and lets see what happens with Dach and others

Need to find 2 goalies , baby steps but some light at the end of the tunnel
There's little concern upfront after we get Huberdeau and Dubois and jettison the expiring contracts.

You're talking

Suzuki
Dach
Dubois
Huberdeau
Anderson
Slafkovsky
Caufield
Evans
Pitlick

Then you have the kids coming

Farrell
Ylonen
Kidney
Roy
Harvey-Pinard
Kapanen

For fourth line

Pezzetta
Teasdale
Tuch
Heineman

Plus who we drafted this year in Beck etc.

Then there's next year's draft.

Not really concerned over the forwards even if we don't get Dubois and Huberdeau. I think we'll get at least one of them though.

There's little concern upfront after we get Huberdeau and Dubois and jettison the expiring contracts.

You're talking

Suzuki
Dach
Dubois
Huberdeau
Anderson
Slafkovsky
Caufield
Evans
Pitlick

Then you have the kids coming

Farrell
Ylonen
Kidney
Roy
Harvey-Pinard
Kapanen

For fourth line

Pezzetta
Teasdale
Tuch
Heineman

Plus who we drafted this year in Beck etc.

Then there's next year's draft.

Not really concerned over the forwards even if we don't get Dubois and Huberdeau. I think we'll get at least one of them though.

Its a near complete overhaul from finals team , lots of work and lots of luck required

If you’ve never read this article I would highly recommend doing so - there’s a win-win to be had for Habs / Huberdeau. Not sure if PLD ever got his green card (landed immigrant status in US) during his 3-years w CBJ, if he did there’s a potential bonanza for him too.

I prefer the Habs future forwards, particularly if they draft in the top 8 next year and nab one of of JH or PLD.

The D ranks has a lot of names but no clear #1 stud

If you’ve never read this article I would highly recommend doing so - there’s a win-win to be had for Habs / Huberdeau. Not sure if PLD ever got his green card (landed immigrant status in US) during his 3-years w CBJ, if he did there’s a potential bonanza for him too.

There was an article on Tavares as well on tax savings based on residence

It works if you are a high revenue generating team that can afford to give the huge upfront bonus payments

I prefer the Habs future forwards, particularly if they draft in the top 8 next year and nab one of of JH or PLD.

The D ranks has a lot of names but no clear #1 stud
The obvious hope is that 1 or 2 emerge out of that D group.

Guhle should make it.

It's basically piggy backing your 15% dividend/distribution rate which I've used for decades. Paying 15% >>

I don't think Dubois can access that though.

The obvious hope is that 1 or 2 emerge out of that D group.

Guhle should make it.

I’m excited about KD but his offense won’t be elite. There is no Andrei Markov in the system currently.

Hutson is intriguing of course…

I’m excited about KD but his offense won’t be elite. There is no Andrei Markov in the system currently.

Hutson is intriguing of course…
Yeah. Markov was incredible for us. He needs to train his kids.

It's basically piggy backing your 15% dividend/distribution rate which I've used for decades. Paying 15% >>

I don't think Dubois can access that though.
If Matthews want's to stay in Toronto, Rogers/Bell can easily pony up the biggest signing bonus in history.

If Matthews leaves it won’t be for more $, like Gaudreau it’ll be because he wants back in the US / out of Canada for whatever reason
Exactly. The Leafs have 8 year contract ability and the deepest pockets in the league. Nobody will outbid them.

Should he leave? Most definitely a personal decision.

Back