• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2023-24 Season

In his presser, answering if he was interested in a contract extension, he said "Well you know, it's not really my decision it's between the gm and my agent..."

Kiss of death
It's only one season. No reason not to test the market.

Take out injury insurance.

If Matthews leaves it won’t be for more $, like Gaudreau it’ll be because he wants back in the US / out of Canada for whatever reason

Yeah, and that’s what I expect might happen. This is a the Entourage generation, if he takes any cues from anyone it’s from LeBron. i.e. He’ll try to gather a posse in LA, Miami, etc.

Yeah, and that’s what I expect might happen. This is a the Entourage generation, if he takes any cues from anyone it’s from LeBron. i.e. He’ll try to gather a posse in LA, Miami, etc.

Star players will go where it makes sense for them

They factor everything ....money, taxes , weather , family , off ice endorsement deals , etc...

Star players will go where it makes sense for them

They factor everything ....money, taxes , weather , family , off ice endorsement deals , etc...
Well, their agents do, at least. The players themselves are usually dumber than a sack of hammers. Their hairstyles and wardrobes alone belong in an institution.

You are just a curmudgeon.

I mean do you ever compliment people?

Epic failure
I shouldn't have to compliment someone for wearing pants that are the proper length or for wearing socks with dress shoes. Grown ass men should already know how to do those things. Should I compliment Boris Johnson on the day when he finally discovers what a hair brush is for?

(I am being peak curmudgeon now)

And we hired him not once, but twice because "cultural/linguistic heritage". And his GM, hired by the same criteria, was no better. A competent GM would have seen that clip and fired the coach that same day. Vince Lombardi, an old school hard-ass coaching in an era when coaches were treated like gods, was never as disrespectful to his players the way Therrien was to Subban in that clip. The entire front office was out to lunch.

Florida having a subpar or crap season would be absolutely lovely. Especially if we got a top 10 pick, couples with their 10-15th pick. Could package and move up or draft potentially two studs

Back