• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Dans le dossier "Jonathan Drouin sur le marché des transactions":

Ce n'est pas lui qui a demandé une transaction.

Semble-t-il que c'est principalement Claude Julien qui voudrait tourner la page et Marc Bergevin tente de l'accommoder. Mais pas à n'importe quel prix. #CH #Habs
10:04 AM - Sep 26, 2019

It makes sense, Drouin is in the Galchenyuk mode and we know how Julien felt about him, has talent but has stretches where he just goes MIA or just plays really poorly.

Like Galchenyuk did down the stretch last year in Arizona which pretty much prompted them to trade him.

These are players that will never be the go to guys on a team yet those expectations get set....Drouin is expected to be the go to guy here along with Domi, forget it, these are very good complimentary players.

Put guys like this in Pittsburgh behind Crosby and Malkin or Colorado behind Mackinnon and Rantanen or Winnipeg behind Schfeile abd Wheeler and they will do a good job of getting 60-70 pts

It makes sense, Drouin is in the Galchenyuk mode and we know how Julien felt about him, has talent but has stretches where he just goes MIA or just plays really poorly.

Like Galchenyuk did down the stretch last year in Arizona which pretty much prompted them to trade him.

These are players that will never be the go to guys on a team yet those expectations get set....Drouin is expected to be the go to guy here along with Domi, forget it, these are very good complimentary players.

Put guys like this in Pittsburgh behind Crosby and Malkin or Colorado behind Mackinnon and Rantanen or Winnipeg behind Schfeile abd Wheeler and they will do a good job of getting 60-70 pts

They were always complimentary players . At least Domi has a motor and can handle the BS of city .

They were always complimentary players . At least Domi has a motor and can handle the BS of city .
You don't know that until it happens to Domi....maybe he won't be able to handle it....I think JD is actually doing a good job keeping his emotions in check. Carey Price would have blown up on these journalists a long time ago if he was in JD's shoes

You don't know that until it happens to Domi....maybe he won't be able to handle it....I think JD is actually doing a good job keeping his emotions in check. Carey Price would have blown up on these journalists a long time ago if he was in JD's shoes

Domi is a complimentary player . He is not a core player on a cup team .

JD is a punk who doesn't give a shit . Bonjour reporters I have no drive , float , and enjoy earning 5.5 playing like a dog is all he can say

JD is a punk who doesn't give a shit . Bonjour reporters I have no drive , float , and enjoy earning 5.5 playing like a dog is all he can say
I tend to agree regarding Domi but i am hesitant to proclaim my opinion as absolute fact. He showed far more than I expected last yer, time will tell if its an anomaly or trend.

This may be semantics, but Domi can definitely be a core player on a Cup caliber team. I don't think he can be your best player... but your core is at least 4 or 5 players. Domi can certainly be a top 5 player on a Cup caliber team.

Max Domi is just getting started, I must have heard at least three to four credible people starting with Shane Doan, Connor Mcdavid, Ray Ferraro etc... say at the time he got traded that he is on the cusp of stardom.

Let’s put things in perspective, he played a full year with a variety of wingers from Drouin, Lehkonen, Shaw, Tatar, Byron

He played the full year at centre, he hasn’t been a full time centre since his rookie year.

He played on a team with a horrible PP, he only had 11 PP points

Incredibly he finished the season with 72 points.

All that without steady wingers,like a revolving door and despite a horrible PP

If Drouin managed to score more than one goal in his last 26 games and his other winger was an actual top six winger no offense to Shaw or Byron and the PP was ranked even just 15- 20th, this guy was a point per game player last year easily

Last edited:

He’s a complimentary player? That’s just silly.

If Suzuki does make the team (as all indications are he will), sticks and shows upward progression after 20-games, IMO they should just bite the bullet and move Domi to KKs wing - KK, Danault, Suzuki down the middle.

Domi’s on the wing will help KKs game speed up - speed up execution.

He’s a complimentary player? That’s just silly.

Hossa was a complimentary star/type player on cup teams , how did that turn out

And he racked up 1300+ points

He was always behind Sid , Geno , Letang , Towes , Kane , Crawford , Seebrook , etc...

If Suzuki does make the team (as all indications are he will), sticks and shows upward progression after 20-games, IMO they should just bite the bullet and move Domi to KKs wing - KK, Danault, Suzuki down the middle.

Domi on the wing will benefit KK huge

Another playmaker who creates scoring chances and another year or so our midget sniper fills the net

They will have to find a spot for RP soon enough in the top 3.

Hossa was a complimentary star/type player on cup teams , how did that turn out

And he racked up 1300+ points

He was always behind Sid , Geno , Letang , Towes , Kane , Crawford , Seebrook , etc...

In what world was Hossa a complimentary player? You can be a core player without being Crosby or McDavid.

So Pittsburgh is apparently going to try to trade Jack Johnson in the next few days, probably by the end of tomorrow if they can.

I get this shitty feeling that we're going to be the ones to "inherit" him.

Back