• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

What are the odds that 20-30th overall 1st rounder will end up being an actual NHLer vs Habs historical continuation..

gotta put the odds on our side to find talent via the draft.

if we can end up with two 1st rounders and that Chicago 2nd that would be tremendous

IMO Petry & Tatar will likely be dealt.....I suspect draft weekend in Mtl for picks & prospects - the orgs going to look at making headlines at the draft.

Gallagher & Danault will be “officially” re-signed post expansion draft

problem with dealing vets like Tatar or Petry at the draft is that you don’t get as much as the deadline.

You disagree that he is curious?

That's curious.

I don't think there is an internal cap limitation

Nero tried to get Aho , if successful we are a capped out team

For all his faults I give the regime credit for not mortgaging the future or not overpaying stiffs after the Alzner mess .

They could of easily given Gardiner and Dzingal dumb money and wave poms poms that we spent to the cap .

The fact that Nero has a long term deal in place might be a reason for no panic moves .

If the prospects emerge and we improve he might be inline for another extension

Yeah, I don't think so either.

MB has tried to spend the money.

He went after Duchene and went after gardner which would have put the team at the cap.

I don't think there is an internal cap limitation

Nero tried to get Aho , if successful we are a capped out team

For all his faults I give the regime credit for not mortgaging the future or not overpaying stiffs after the Alzner mess .

They could of easily given Gardiner and Dzingal dumb money and wave poms poms that we spent to the cap .

The fact that Nero has a long term deal in place might be a reason for no panic moves .

If the prospects emerge and we improve he might be inline for another extension

That is a mighty big If. If he gets another extension we will continue to be mediocre.

Interesting/fun chat on a podcast I listened to today.

Question 1: what would take to land #1 pick in draft? (Assumed to be Lafrenière, though I know that not unanimous in these parts.)

Question 2: once the price is established, would you pull the trigger?

It is assumed the price will be very high. It would hurt, and hurt badly.

The price they settled on is the next 4 1st round picks, Romanov, Suzuki or Cauflield and Price or Primeau.

I think that’s insane.

Interesting/fun chat on a podcast I listened to today.

Question 1: what would take to land #1 pick in draft? (Assumed to be Lafrenière, though I know that not unanimous in these parts.)

Question 2: once the price is established, would you pull the trigger?

It is assumed the price will be very high. It would hurt, and hurt badly.

The price they settled on is the next 4 1st round picks, Romanov, Suzuki or Cauflield and Price or Primeau.

I think that’s insane.

That's beyond insane. Nobody will pay that. I can see 2 firsts and a solid player like Suzuki or Caufield and that is crazy insane.

Pass. Kids that have proved NOTHING demanding trades have attitude problems IMO

These are the type of risks you take to get a young asset without giving up a ton of asset capital

He was a stud at the WJC , I would be on the phone with Gorton hammering a trade

We traded for another bad attitude in Drouin costing us our top prospect , this wont .

Back