• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Didn't Marleau have a no trade clause? He decided where to land...and I bet a high proportion of these crippling contracts contain no movement clauses.

I love the idea, but I'm not sure it's as easy as you make it out to be.

I think they're very easy to do, but that no team is willing to give up assets to get rid of the capspace, or maybe they're hoping the player will turn it around. They're very willing to give up assets like Joel Armia and a 4th for Steve Mason. Those aren't likely to make much of a difference one way or another.

If Lucic doesn't want to waive his NTC to come here, fine. Call up the NYI for Andrew Ladd. Call up Buffalo for Okposo. Call up Vancouver for Eriksson. Call up Chicago for Seabrook (prior to them essentially medically retiring him, more or less). Call up Ottawa for Bobby Ryan. Call up Bawstun for David Backes.

Don't tell me that Andrew Ladd / David Backes wouldn't wave their NTC to come here. Bullshit. Montreal is so undesirable that they'd rather play in the AHL instead of come here?

These type of deals are not hard to make, you just need to be willing to swallow the pill.

Last edited:
I think they're very easy to do, but that no team is willing to give up assets to get rid of the capspace, or maybe they're hoping the player will turn it around. They're very willing to give up assets like Joel Armia and a 4th for Steve Mason. Those aren't likely to make much of a difference one way or another.

If Lucic doesn't want to waive his NTC to come here, fine. Call up the NYI for Andrew Ladd. Call up Buffalo for Okposo. Call up Vancouver for Eriksson. Call up Chicago for Seabrook (prior to them essentially medically retiring him, more or less). Call up Ottawa for Bobby Ryan. Call up Bawstun for David Backes.

Don't tell me that Andrew Ladd / David Backes wouldn't wave their NTC to come here. Bullshit. Montreal is so undesirable that they'd rather play in the AHL instead of come here?

These type of deals are not hard to make, you just need to be willing to swallow the pill.

I think its more teams unwilling to pony up. Hawks aren`t moving a potential lottery pick to unload Seebrook even if he waives his NTC

I don't want any player with term more than 1-2 years left in these moves

I think the bottom line is that once again MB was not able to leverage cap space into anything...this is a rich team that can afford to acquire these Marleau types and buy them out to gain a 1st rounder.

I think the bottom line is that once again MB was not able to leverage cap space into anything...this is a rich team that can afford to acquire these Marleau types and buy them out to gain a 1st rounder.

The funny thing about this is, we offer sheeted Sebastien Aho because we thought Carolina wasn't going to be able to match it due to their financial situation with the Marleau buyout. Yet not only were they able to buyout Marleau, they were able to pay Aho's large signing bonus.

How can Carolina, in their small market and their status as a lower-tier income franchise, manage to pull this off and we can't?

It's either: Doing everything necessary to win isn't a priority or we have a management crew with their heads in the sand.

I think its more teams unwilling to pony up. Hawks aren`t moving a potential lottery pick to unload Seebrook even if he waives his NTC

I don't want any player with term more than 1-2 years left in these moves

Maybe. But you just need one team, like the NYI who are going to be in caphell soon, that thinks they're close to winning and need the capspace.

Chicago, just like Detroit, is no longer a viable trading partner. Calgary and the NYI, though... Prime trading partners.

from EK

Kovalchuk...

One player who NEVER comes up in trade rumors on this site is Ilya Kovalchuk...Here we go again...The Canadiens are expecting Drouin and Gallagher back this week and then we will see the Habs make a final push...Where that leads will determine if Kovalchuk stays or moves on...Pittsburgh has interest...as do the Caps...

The funny thing about this is, we offer sheeted Sebastien Aho because we thought Carolina wasn't going to be able to match it due to their financial situation with the Marleau buyout. Yet not only were they able to buyout Marleau, they were able to pay Aho's large signing bonus.

How can Carolina, in their small market and their status as a lower-tier income franchise, manage to pull this off and we can't?

It's either: Doing everything necessary to win isn't a priority or we have a management crew with their heads in the sand.

Aho required 4 firsts to complete the transaction . The signing bonus difference was minimal with 1 or 4 firsts

That was Nero`s way to say , look we tried but.........

10+ mil was going to create an internal cap problem with other contracts , artificially inflating other signings

from Ek…...makes no sense whatsoever....however, here it is!!

We still don't know if he will ever play again, and YET the Montreal Canadiens rumors involving Dustin Byfuglien are rampant this hour. I am very curious what exactly is driving this sudden uptick because it is extremely rare that so many sources from various places would suddenly be reporting they are hearing ANYTHING at the rate this is happening....

Per Larry Brooks of NY Post:

- Ranger and Kreider closing in on extension
- NYR leaning towards buy out Lundqvist this summer

Do you trade Domi for Brodin or Dumba? That’s the rumor going around.
Yes, there are a couple of big bodied C’s. The system who are anywhere from1-2 seasons away from establishing themselves, not Ds with the fluidity of Brodin or Dumba

Back